Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of prepaid sim?

Pixie_Man
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The display on my old payg backup phone was starting to fail, so I decided to treat myself to a new one from the O2 website. I selected, and paid for, the Calls & Text sim because I do not need data on my backup. The phone arrived yesterday lunchtime, but it would only receive calls, I could not call out. When I checked MyO2, it showed there was no credit! - so I topped up £10 and now it works fine. I tried calling Customer Service but I cannot find a way through the welcome menu, so how do get a refund? I do not want the missing £10 credit, I want my card refunded. Any suggestions please?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Pixie_Man 

You don't pay extra when you order online, you just pay for the phone and choose your tariff. 

The SIM is not active until you too it up so there is no refund to be had here, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

What missing credit?

Oh I got it now, the initial credit you paid for with the card..

You'd have to call customer services to see if they can refund it.

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 125816 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Pixie_Man 

You have been put on a Big Bundle tariff which is the only PAYG tariff O2 do now.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles 

You credit is exchanged for allowances. If this isn't what you want, then you need to call O2

All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is the best one to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Pixie_Man 

You don't pay extra when you order online, you just pay for the phone and choose your tariff. 

The SIM is not active until you too it up so there is no refund to be had here, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4