Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purely PAYG

H13RAX
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone. I am new to O2 and have a PAYG sim card. I am currently signed on a £5 Big Bundle. I believe this requires me to have 5 pound in my account each month? What would happen if i did not have money in the account? Can i keep the sim without signing up to a bundle and keep as purely PAYG?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@H13RAX 

O2 no longer offer purely PAYG.

If you want that on O2 you need to look at Tesco Mobile or giffgaff who are O2 partners.

For the cheapest PAYG option, look here https://www.1pmobile.com/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@H13RAX 

O2 no longer offer purely PAYG.

If you want that on O2 you need to look at Tesco Mobile or giffgaff who are O2 partners.

For the cheapest PAYG option, look here https://www.1pmobile.com/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

H13RAX
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for your reply. I was unaware that O2 stopped purely PAYG. I will look at the suggested networks but wont be able to transfer until i am next in the UK. Meanwhile, what would happen if i left no money in the account? 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@H13RAX 

You would be able on only receive calls and texts, but not make any.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

H13RAX
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

that would suffice to be honest whilst I'm away. Im guessing i just need to top up once every 120 days to keep sim alive.many thanks for your responses. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@H13RAX 

You need to make a chargeable call at least once every 6 months, so in your case a top up would be required to do so.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6