Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of usage issues

Rid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a pay to go customer, I have called in multiple times speaking with o2 customers since 19 September 2023 but they keep give one story to another. It has been more than 3 weeks and no one is able to help me and my insurance provider is give me headaches.

regards

Ridwan

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Tash2
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so I won't be a able to get a proof of usage (and therefore a phone) because 02 are too incompetent to send me a proof of usage for the right phone? One person at customer services didn't even know what that was!

They also continuously fob me off and say someone will call / email - obviously noone ever does.

And no matter what time of day I call, they always say 'are phones are particulary busy right now' - if they're too busy 100% of the time, that would suggest that they need more phone operators. Common sense really, which as a company, they are seriously lacking.

Message 31 of 41

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Tash2 

You can always request one via social media If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

Also have you checked your spam or Junk filter, as sometimes they end up in there...

Also if people dont want to work in call centres because they get abuse, and told how to do there jobs by people..  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 32 of 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Just a question anyone

Would not a screenshot from My O2 not suffice?

This example states quite clearly the IMEI and that my sim is being used in this phone?

Screenshot 2024-04-01 152324.png

Message 33 of 41

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36353 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Possibly, @jonsie - so long as it meets these requirements:

1000017011.png

Message 34 of 41

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I can't read that @pgn 😂

Never having claimed on insurance I don't really know what the guidelines or criteria are

Message 35 of 41

pgn
  • 36353 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

There might be a more legible one here @jonsie - although this is a proof of BARring, it seems to contain the same broad section headings:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Phone-barring/m-p/1614704/highlight/true#M170951

Message 36 of 41

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Well looking at that then the screengrab won't be sufficient, certainly not on it's own

Message 37 of 41

Tash2
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did ask that - but actually I have since put my replacement sim into an old nokia phone so I have access to a phone and so unfortunately, my 02 shows that SIM

Actually I have just been on the phone to someone from 02 for an hour and they have actually solved it now - this is because I actually sadly had to refuse to get off the phone until it was solved

I do feel for the customer service people but 02 provide no other channel with which to get these major issues resolved- noone replies to the complaints and the people in the shops have nu authority. It really is a joke

Message 38 of 41

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 39 of 41

pgn
  • 36353 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Well looking at that then the screengrab won't be sufficient, certainly not on it's own

Seems not - but this doc is something that the Social Media Team can send out to the OPs e-mail address on-file - it's a "standard form", not something quite as onerous as the SAR request that has been recommended in some other responses. @Dave-O2 has also helped out in the past with getting this POU form sent, but I do not think he is back in the office until later in the week.

Extract From: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/how-to-get-a-copy-of-the-information-we-store-about-yo...

Exercising your Right to Access (sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’ or SAR) 2

• To make an SAR, send an email to SubjectAccess2@o2.com or write to: Subject Access, O2 Partnership, Chester Road, Preston Brook, Runcorn, WA7 3QA. You’ll need to include some proof of identification. Take a look at the Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go sections below to find out what you’ll need to provide. If you want to speed up the process, you can also fill out our Subject Access Request form and include it with your email or letter.
  • We'll provide the information you’ve asked for within 30 calendar days of receiving your SAR, as long as we can see that you’re entitled to it. If your request is complex, it could take us a further two months to process and depending on its nature, and if your request is excessive you may have to pay  an administrative fee to cover the costs of providing an excessive amount of data. 
Message 40 of 41