Did you mean: 

Payg big bundle questions

Mattatron
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

can someone clarify the deal with payg big bundle please? 

‘I’m sat here this morning after buying a £299 iPhone 6 and a £10 SIM card wondering if I’ve been had! I have had 2 separate conversations on the chat bit with 2 different o2 employees that I believe have no idea what they’re on about.

first one, (isabella) told me that I would pay 299 for the phone and a £10 sim card online for collection and in store it would cost me 309. This led me to believe that the card would carry 10 credit......it did not and the store were rather argumentative about it. Hey ho, I’ve paid the 10 to get some credit. I’ve now got my inclusive minutes etc but no balance is showing.

The second chat I had (manghesh) told me that they would never give free credit and I’m lying....... I then went on to ask him about how the balance/top up works to which I was told that as long as I have over £10 at the anniversary date I would need to pay NOTHING to get my inclusive minutes/text/data as long as I had £10 or more.....no mention of the need to pay 10 a month for the priveledge. It’s a payg phone but it seems that it’s actually a £10 monthly contract? 

So so my question is this, what actually will happen every month to get the inclusive bits and why have I been led up the garden path with lies from o2 employees? I think I know the answer but if it’s what I think it is then the phones going back today.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

On a big bundle tariff your top up is taken in exchange for your allowances. So you put £10 on and it goes immediately in exchange for mins, texts and data.
To get this each month you need £10 to be added on or before your anniversary date.
If you want to just put credit on and use it without any allowances, you need to change your tariff to the classic PAYG tariff which you can do in your MyO2 or by calling 4445 and speaking to customer service.

Help on bundles here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

On a big bundle tariff your top up is taken in exchange for your allowances. So you put £10 on and it goes immediately in exchange for mins, texts and data.
To get this each month you need £10 to be added on or before your anniversary date.
If you want to just put credit on and use it without any allowances, you need to change your tariff to the classic PAYG tariff which you can do in your MyO2 or by calling 4445 and speaking to customer service.

Help on bundles here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mattatron To get the inclusive allowances you need to top up £10 each month which then gets deducted to pay for the allowances 

Message 3 of 8

Mattatron
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m really disappointed in the poor o2 service to be honest as I feel I’ve been lied to by 2 employees. I’ll be putting in a complaint with the copies of the chat transcripts. Really poor show for o2 as well in my opinion as it seems that misleading people is top of their list just to get money. For what I paid the phone is going back for a refund as I can get another phone and a better tarrif if I buy a new phone offline and a gift gaff sim. 

Thnaks for the clarification guys, much appreciated.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Wish you all the best mate.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

If you are disappointed @Mattatron sending the phone back is the best way forward

If you are within the 14 days cooling off period then follow the advice in this link..

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck @Mattatron

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Be aware that if you return the phone you lose the credit and allowances already added unless you are keeping the sim card to put in another unlocked or O2 phone.

Message 8 of 8