cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Classic cut off!! (without warning)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody recently been cut off even though used very recently? (no signal, sim unassigned, balance £0 etc.)

I managed to get it back and credit re-established after a couple of calls to C/S.

What gives?? 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thanks, @gmarkj 

@Bob200 as this is now with complaints our highest point of contact, this may now have to be picked up by this team. So I can take a quick look, please PM me some more details including the mobile number in question.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 31 of 73

Bob200
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2

PM sent. Many thanks to you and the others in the O2 Community for responding so quickly. It's a lot less frustrating than talking to Customer Service!

Message 32 of 73

Bob200
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now reconnected! Same number, credit and tariff. I don't know what went wrong but @Dave-O2  has sorted it out for me in double quick time. I'm really impressed with my first venture into the O2 Community.

Message 33 of 73

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124298 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Good to hear @Bob200 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 73

michael80
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

This has now happened to me this morning.

O2 Classic (my back up SIM in a dual-SIM phone), no connection, balance to £0.  SIM last used Saturday 17th February. No warning SMS that this was going to occur.

Poor show O2.

Message 35 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 124298 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@michael80 

I'll tag our manager @Dave-O2 and hope he can help you activate this number again.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 73

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11055 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 364 Solutions

Hi sorry to hear your classic sim is disconnected @michael80 

This is the latest info I know of and it should be noted that we believe  chargeable means  ...a phone call...

I have a classic ...  (for family)  it is cherished as it is the last of the real Paygo.  Top up regularly make phone calls even unnecessary ones 🙄 

the website has now been updated with the correct detail, this can be seen here and below 

If you don’t top up, add a Bolt On or carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any six month period, your O2 Pay As You Go sim card will be disconnected and you’ll lose any remaining credit on your account.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 37 of 73

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff 

@michael80 Can you please drop me a PM with some more details including your mobile number?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 38 of 73

michael80
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello.

Thanks for your reply.

I have sent a DM to @Dave-O2.

The changes were not notified by text or email, and no warning was given. Where a company makes an important change to the previously advertised terms and conditions, I would expect notification to be provided and given there might be some vulnerable users still on traditional pay and go, the lack of a warning SMS is shocking. 

On that last point, I sadly feel that I will be approaching the Telecommunications Ombudsman and Ofcom for a second time within a year regarding VMO2. You do need a lot of patience to go through that route, but in my case it was worth it.

Message 39 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 124298 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@michael80 

Hopefully @Dave-O2 may be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 73