Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone But Old and New Sim

JPWPhoenix
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I posted a few days ago about my Mum's old phone breaking and how she needed a new one. She's now got a new one and I've been able to set it up with her old Sim alright. However, as I had to create a totally new account here on the O2 website so she could order the new phone, she's got a new Sim with a new number as well. This is also what's now registered with her account on this website.

I was just wondering if we need to let anyone know she's using the old Sim and not the new one? I'd like to set her account so it's got all the details/controls for her old PAYG Sim and number, so she can top-up and stuff online. I see there's an option in her account settings on the website to add additional devices or numbers. But obviously I was wondering if I can then remove the other one? I don't want O2 thinking she's using the new one and try sending her stuff about it.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@JPWPhoenix 

Ah, ok then. 

Probably best to call 4445 to get customer service to change the number on the new account then to allow her to use the online services.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@JPWPhoenix 

Just use the old login details to access the account with her number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

JPWPhoenix
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But she never had log-in details associated with the old number. That's why we had to create a completely-new account on the website before ordering the new phone. Her old phone was broken and so we couldn't even use her old number when registering right at the start.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@JPWPhoenix 

Ah, ok then. 

Probably best to call 4445 to get customer service to change the number on the new account then to allow her to use the online services.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4