Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move number to O2 issue

SpoonTea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On Wednesday I have initiate moving my Giffgaff number to O2. I had a txt msg saying that it will be moved on Thursday at 6pm.
Giffgaff has disabled my old son at about 11am on Thursday, soni pop my new sim in the phone.
I've noticed that I'm still using temporary number.
I restarted my phone few times after 6 pm on Thursday and still no joy. Call support on Friday at about 10am. I was told it will be done by 12 midday. Restarted phone numerous of times and still no joy. Called them again at 2pm and I was assured that all gone through, but it will take time. They have no ETA.
It is 10pm the day after it should be transferred and still nothing.
I'm getting upset and thinking of asking them to transfer back my number.
I'm expecting important calls about my covid 19 test on the number that they should transfer.
Lots of BS
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SpoonTea See if this link helps: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

If not, you'll have to call customer service again in the morning. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

SpoonTea
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Android
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SpoonTea See if this link helps: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

If not, you'll have to call customer service again in the morning. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

SpoonTea
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been in touch with call centre and they don't know what is wrong. They raised ticket. Still waiting to be resolved
Not happy at all
Message 5 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @SpoonTea , how are you doing today with your number transfer? I just wanted to check if you got everything sorted since you last posted or if you're still waiting and need more help?

Message 6 of 8

SpoonTea
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
After 5 days of waiting finally my number was transferred.
Someone emailed directly the back office and got it sorted.
Bit poor service, if I would have a choice again a would not move to O2 next time.
Message 7 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks @SpoonTea , appreciate the update. Glad to hear it was finally resolved for you. Sorry to hear you had to wait longer than usual though. Feel free to let me know if you'd like me to pass on any specific feedback over to the business, happy to do so.

Hopefully no more issues and you'll have a good time with O2 going forward after the initial hickup. slight_smile fingers_crossed

Message 8 of 8