Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing PAYG credit

AimzOx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. My nan uses O2's PAYG Favourite Place top up.

She has recently run out of this months minutes, and also her credit! She is high risk and cannot leave her house, so I topped her up £30 online yesterday. She got a text confirming this. 

Today her balance is £10.61. So what's happened to the other £20? 

Her free minutes renew on 03/04. Obviously we can't call O2 or chat online due to the current situation. Any ideas? 

She hasn't called anyone (call log checked), so what's happened? She relies heavily on her phone as her only line of communication. No 3G/4G so hasn't be used there. It's a basic phone, just calls and SMS.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

O2Kurt
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 84 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@AimzOx wrote:

Hi. My nan uses O2's PAYG Favourite Place top up.

She has recently run out of this months minutes, and also her credit! She is high risk and cannot leave her house, so I topped her up £30 online yesterday. She got a text confirming this. 

Today her balance is £10.61. So what's happened to the other £20? 

Her free minutes renew on 03/04. Obviously we can't call O2 or chat online due to the current situation. Any ideas? 

She hasn't called anyone (call log checked), so what's happened? She relies heavily on her phone as her only line of communication. No 3G/4G so hasn't be used there. It's a basic phone, just calls and SMS.

Thanks!

Hi Aimz,

unfortunately you'll need someone with account access to see where its gone. 

they are open but obvs very busy, either give them a call first thing 8am or use Skype as the Skype team are not quite as busy

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

good luck

Best regards

kurt

signature
Message 2 of 7

AimzOx
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Kurt.
I've added her number to my account, but can't see where I can view her usage?
Any ideas?
Thank you slight_smile
Message 3 of 7

O2Faisal
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@AimzOx wrote:
Thanks Kurt.
I've added her number to my account, but can't see where I can view her usage?
Any ideas?
Thank you slight_smile

Hi @AimzOx  If memory serves me right there isnt a function for pay as you go unlike pay monthly where usage can be tracked via the MyO2 app. Just a side note, How much are you topping up your mum per month, if she is only using it for calls and text then our monthly £5 bundle plan may be a great solution for her, it gives her unlimited mins and unlimited texts to any UK mobile network including landlines begining with numbers 01, 02 and 03. You only need to top up a minimum of £10 every 2 months to cover this. If she uses data then a £10 minthly bundle can help as alongside the mins and texts she would received a monthly 3GB data allowance, hope that helps.

signature
Message 4 of 7

AimzOx
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks.
She turned her phone off last night after saying it was going haywire.
We don’t know what that means but between then and now she has used another £3 credit.
She hasn’t called anyone, she can’t text as she is almost blind, and data roaming etc is turned off. So in the last 10 days she’s lost almost £45 of credit.
Her free minutes have renewed.
This is a real concern right now given the current situation. She has multiple cancers and is high risk so really cannot afford to be without her phone. It is scaring her and she has said multiple times she wants to leave O2.
There must be some way of finding out where it’s going??
Message 5 of 7

O2Kurt
  • 84 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi Aimz,

unfortunately your going to either have to give customer services a call or Skype them on the link I provided below

regards

Kurt

signature
Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Sounds like something is still burning through her credit.
Would suggest talking her through turning off data if she just calls and texts, and make sure she hasn't subscribed to any premium rate messages.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7