Did you mean: 

I can't make or receive any calls abroad

Christian90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello slight_smile

i got a new PayG (I switched from VDF) sim card from o2. Now i am temporary living near my parents in Germany. Because my VDF-Sim was deactivated, i activated my  o2 UK-Sim in Germany.

But since the first minute i can't make or receive any calls. So i can't call the customer support.

My card is working like that:

Calling: Can't make or receive calls.
SMS: I can receive SMS. But i can't send SMS
Internet: Working very good with full speed of 4G

I did a second top up, to ensure my balance is enough but the problem keeps the same.

What can i do? Call the German customer service? or Live-Chat?

Sincerly
Christian

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144646 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Christian90 

It's a problem trying to activate a sim when not in the UK.

Use these numbers to call from a different phone Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144646 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Christian90 

It's a problem trying to activate a sim when not in the UK.

Use these numbers to call from a different phone Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

GOBMITIE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in Ireland and having the same problem but I am sure phone was working a few weeks ago. 

Message 3 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Christian90 hope you managed to get your new SIM working in the end. Don't hesitate to pop back in to ask if you have any other questions anytime. Hope everything is going ok for you in Germany.

@GOBMITIE did you get your issue resolved after you last posted or are you still having problems with your SIM? Just checking in case the community could share any helpful advice for you.

Message 4 of 5

Christian90
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, @Marjo my SIM is NOT working. The customer service told me, that i need to get back to the UK and acivate my SIM from there.

That's very "helpful", because i am taking care of my Parents in Germany, so i can't get back to the UK.

Because of the working 4G i will use my SIM until my credit is used up. After that i think it's better to switch back to Vodafone.

I never had issues like that with Vodafone UK.

Sorry about that and Goodbye to all o2 Employees

Message 5 of 5