Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check balance from non-O2 phone

Minxy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My 97 year old Mum has an O2 classic sim in her phone, obviously she has the phone not me.  The sim is registered in my name as I got it for her and topped it up originally. 

As she's in a care home some miles away from me I'm trying to find out if there is a way to check the balance so that if necessary I can top-up without physically having her phone as she gets very 'twitchy' if anyone so much as looks at, never mind touches, her phone! LOL

When she had a Three sim I could simply do an online chat with them, confirming my account info that way, and they'd then give me the info, however I can't find anyway to do this with O2, can anyone suggest how this can be done please.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Minxy 

Call 0344 8090222 for PAYG customer services.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Minxy 

Call 0344 8090222 for PAYG customer services.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Minxy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I'll do that tomorrow, shame there's no other way to do it though as I suspect I'll end up hanging on the phone for ages.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Minxy 

You could access her MyO2 online but it would need you to have access to the phone to set it up in the first place.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Minxy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

... and risk the wrath of Mother for daring to touch her phone .... 😮

Being serious, as I mentioned I have already registered the sim in my name but they send a text to enable log in which is the issue as she'll receive it not me.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Minxy 

Yes, fully understand, hence the caveat I mentioned previously.

Hopefully customer services will help you with the info you require 👍

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6