Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot

Robolous
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just recently topped up big bundle £30 and now Hotspot doesn’t work for me on any of my devices. Have reset networking settings, restarted devices and reset password and still not working. Am on Prepaid, what has changed with O2???
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Robolous 

I can't see anything in the T&C's to say you can't hotspot on that tariff https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/big-bundles-terms-and-conditions 

so the only other this I can think of is if they haven't ticked to box to say you are using aniPhone.

You'll have to call customer service to check that though on 4445 if you can get through.

Some other numbers to try here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Robolous 

Not available on PAYG I'm afraid unless:

If you’re a Pay As You Go customer, you can now tether up to five devices on your iPhone if you have:

• an iPhone 5 or newer
  • iOS 10.1 or newer - to update your iOS software, go to Settings, then tap General, Software update to check if any update is available
  • your carrier setting as version O2 26.1 – to update your carrier settings, you need to go to Settings, then tap GeneralAbout and, if available, a pop up should appear to change the carrier setting.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/personal-hotspot

edit to add link and phone detail.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Robolous
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Have an iPhone 11 Pro and was able to hotspot last week prior to topping up
Message 3 of 7

Robolous
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 4 of 7

Robolous
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Have an iPhone 11 Pro and was able to hotspot last week prior to topping up
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Robolous 

Check for any software or carrier updates @Robolous 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Robolous 

I can't see anything in the T&C's to say you can't hotspot on that tariff https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/big-bundles-terms-and-conditions 

so the only other this I can think of is if they haven't ticked to box to say you are using aniPhone.

You'll have to call customer service to check that though on 4445 if you can get through.

Some other numbers to try here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7