Did you mean: 

Help with ALCATEL onetouch A3 XL 9008X

AztecUK
Level 3: Thinker
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All

Not sure if anyone can help or have simliar experience.

I got given an ALCATEL onetouch A3 XL 9008X locked to Tesco mobile from my friend, I know Tesco does piggy back on O2 so assumed no issue when I put my O2 PAYG SIM in... wrong

Ok it asked for Network unlock code, no problem my friend applied for it and got it next day, great... tried it about 5 times and only have 5 attempts left.  This was code from Tesco and my friend has esculatred some help.  Gutted! So back to my Nokia XpressMusic lol, I know!!!works great and battery last a week but not even sure it does EDGE does do GPRS, wifi lol NO!!

Has anyone got one of these working from another network? I know I have option to move to TESCO mobile but I don't want to love my O2 PAYG right now!!

Frustrating and adding to my collection of PDA only smart phones and using old Nokia....

Looking forward to input from anyone and will let you know if Tesco Mobile will call me back and be helpful.

This phone is also next to impossible to root too!!! At the moment looks like I keep it as "ipad mini"

Kind Regards

Nick

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AztecUK 

You could try local market stalls or phone repair shops to see if they can unlock it or see if anyo6is unlocking those on eBay, but otherwise keep on chasing Tesco.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AztecUK 

You could try local market stalls or phone repair shops to see if they can unlock it or see if anyo6is unlocking those on eBay, but otherwise keep on chasing Tesco.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear you're struggling with this @AztecUK . 😞

Would love to hear how you get on with it and if you end up getting it resolved, in case you'd like to pop back in to give us an update later on. slight_smile

Message 3 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sorry for late reply. Can't fault Tesco Mobile who gave me 3 codes. Happy to say 3rd code worked after only 4 attempts left. Nice 4G and working lovely on trusty O2. Thanks O2 even gave m 1gb for free for a week. I clocked 18mbps download and 5.6mbps upload on 4G impressive. I may need to look at data bolt on I think. This phone is actually very good not got root yet but signal strength and battery life is excellent. Now unlocked to all networks although O2 is the best one!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 4 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Marjo I have had a lot of phones and my same number for years ported to and from all major networks. New mast built in our village only doing O2 and another leading provider I chose O2. It was the quickest least painful porting procedure to join you. The payg tariff I am on is really good value for money. Recently changed phone as you know. I am gonna stick with this network now my phone is unlocked but I so impressed my heart is locked to O2.
Message 5 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Marjo I would be grateful if you would pass my comments on. Have to say not a piggyback of network fan only tried it once. Be with the network direct, have a great deal on payg which suits me better at this moment. Your tariff is really good. Coverage is really good around here. I cannot ever imagine asking you for PAC lol. I can't fault you and I found my preferred network for life.
Message 6 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Marjo Why do I prefer Pay as go over contract? I have really compared deals but was drawn to tariff I am on. As a rule when my balance gets to £20 I go top up. I believe as long as I top £10 within 6 month period all is good. This way I got a phone I can rely on and I won't be getting an O2 bill. O2 you just got yourself a lifelong loyal customer 🙂
Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AztecUK 

Your comments are really nice to hear. I'm sure @Marjo  will pass them on.

I agree with you about being on PAYG as I was for years.

However. as I owned my phone outright, I went onto a sim only contract. I have unlimited calls and minutes with 2GB of data, all for £10 a month.

With sim only you can have a 30 day contract, or one which lasts for 12 or 18 months. I pay by direct debit, so I have no worries about the payment.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P18M

PS, the 18 month one is new since I took out my last sim only contract.

Really pleased to hear you are happy with O2 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for reply that seems like a good deal which I could afford wonder if O2 would do the same for me?
Message 9 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @AztecUK  great to hear back from you, cheers for the update on how you've been doing. Glad to hear everything went ok in the end!

Happy to pass on your positive comments. slight_smile Hope you have a good weekend ahead.

Stick around on the community too - would love to see you around in some discussions! slight_smile

Message 10 of 11