Did you mean: 

E- Top Up Card

Catherine75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi folks.
Long story short I don't live near my mum but have finally talked her into getting a smartphone of which she is very nervous. She currently has an o2 phone from 2007ish that she has an e-top up card for. She takes it to Tesco and they physically do the top up for her.

I wonder if anyone can help with a couple of questions. 

• Is this card tied to her own phone number? As the new phone will be in addition to the current one can she use the same card to top it up?
  • She won't agree (yet) to just having any kind of automatic rolling top up and won't contemplate getting involved in any automated top ups, i.e. vouchers.

Anyone got any elderly relatives that can give some pointers?
Please and thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

The etop up card is tied to the number not the phone @Catherine75 so she can use the same card for top up

Message 2 of 5

Catherine75
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Aah. But as it will be a new phone with a new sim card and new number she would need a new top up card? Am I right in thinking she can only get one from an o2 shop?
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

If she is having a new number then yes, she will need a new card but I doubt even the O2 shops will have them now. Maybe eBay you will get one but it's not something I would recommend

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Catherine75 

You could top up for her?

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5