cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content suddenly being blocked including search results and images

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay been an O2 PAYG customer with the same number for years and I have proved my age with photo ID many years ago.

Suddenly starting from today I am getting content blocked and search on Google is blocking results and images, Safe Search is on in settings on google and if I turn it off it turns back on again, I am getting the same sort of problem with other search engines and mulitiple websites like youtube.

This is not even the same as before you prove your age (Like blocking adult sites etc) But is like some kind of very strict parental control that block almost everything - what is going on? 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145186 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27863 Solutions

@Anonymous 

If you read the post I linked to above, @O2Lisa states that you can call to get customer service to get the restrictions reset to full access. However, she will be on in the morning so will contact you I'm sure.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 11 of 19

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning, thankyou for the tag @MI5 smiling

@Anonymous as @O2Emma mentioned as you are a pay and go customer the restrictions can only be lifted in store with photo ID. 

I will private message you though and we can discuss this furtherslight_smile

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 19

MI5
  • 145186 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27863 Solutions
Right then, so let's be clear on this.
O2 change something on the system that reintroduces a control that has previously been removed by the customer and the only way this O2 change can be fixed is by the customer going again into a store that is currently closed?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 19

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It's quite ridiculous, customer service should be able to remove a restriction that was solely a fault of O2's ineptitude.

I appreciate the need for the age restriction in the first place but in these very trying times O2 need to do more for their customers affected by this.

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@O2Lisa  You said you would private message me so we could discuss this further.

You did private message me, but with no info as to why this has happened and with no solution to my problem.

Brilliant. 

Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 145186 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27863 Solutions

I'm afraid you have to go in store (which are all closed in England until Dec 2nd) to fix an issue that O2 created @Anonymous 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thanks for your input MI5,

I have been a customer of O2 for more than 15 years with the same PAYG number, If I was 2 years old when I started I might only be 17 I suppose lol.

But on a more serious note, I have online betting accounts and I sell on Ebay and Amazon, all these accounts have easily been age verified by photo ID and proof of address via online verificataion.

Why is O2 not able to accept proof of address and photo ID via online?

As I said before I have already been verified by O2 via a shop visit many years ago @ 13 West Walk Yate
Bristol
South Gloucestershire
BS37 4AX

Like you, I have more than one moblile account, I have a mobile router with THREE - 90 Pounds for 90 days unlimited Data (+ Unlimited Mins & Texts) 

I'm only here for the 3X Data offer ( 45GB for 15 Pounds) 

BUT WHAT A PALAVER! lol

More info
More info

More info

Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 145186 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27863 Solutions
It's quite ridiculous, is what it is mate.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 19

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

I am sorry I couldn't help any further @Anonymous 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 19