cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic pay as you go - £1 minimum www charge?

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all, been a while since I posted so hello again from Northern Ireland.

A family member has had the same O2 PAYG SIM/number since around year 2000. It was still on a legacy account with relatively expensive calls + txts and whenever he used it to go online there was a minimum £1 daily charge.

Today he called into an O2 shop and got a nano SIM (For a new phone) and changed over to a Classic PAYG 3/2/1 SIM. The new SIM became active after an hour or so but when he went online to test it he says he was warned of a £1 daily charge for this (And he was charged £1). I can't see any mention of this charge anywhere. He did transfer over a small balance and topped up by £10.

Anyone know how this Classic works, I'd have though it was simply just 3p min, 2p text and 1p MB the same as Three?

Regards

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry for not getting back with a response earlier.

My family member does not use a lot of data and is not very tech-savvy. First and second days when he turned his data connection on he was warned (Doesn't know if it was a notification or a pop up) that there was a daily charge of £1. However despite saying he was charged a £1 the first day he now realises that despite the warnings he wasn't charged a £1 either day. His Android phone however used 40-80 pence per day doing data things so he has now turned the data off and hasn't used it for almost a week. He'll use WiFi and the data connection only if he really needs to. He's probably a customer perfectly suited to PAYG. 

Sorry I can't be more specific on the £1 daily charge notifications but I haven't seen them myself.

Message 11 of 12

ChrisAO
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had been meaning to come here and add my update many moons ago, but you know how things go, too busy etc.etc. .......

Anyway, what happens on Classic PAYG is that you need a minimum credit of 25p. It takes this as soon as you start using data, when you've finished a data session, asssuming you've used less than 25p it refunds the difference between what you've used and the 25p. Obviously if your credit is more than that and you use more than 25p in one session, it'll just deduct what you use. As mentioned before, shame it's not explained in the Ts&Cs.

BTW don't go for Big Data Bundles now, you can't come back to Classic PAYG if you do. Ts&Cs changed in November 2019.

Message 12 of 12