cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer, Clarification about my Pay Monthly Tariff and PAYG balance!

JacobTest2001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all, I got my SIM from O2 today intending to have the £10 per month 10GB rolling plan, upon opening the O2 app, I was instructed to top up so I did the minimum of £10, by doing which I thought I was paying for my pay monthly tariff I'd applied for, but it just put £10 in my PAYG balance which quickly reduced to £8 for some reason, then I had to fork out another £10 just to get the tariff I wanted!

Now I have my tariff but I have the £8 + £10 from a promo (so £18) stuck in my PAYG balance that I am unable to use, I was wondering if I can use this in any way, the bloke over the phone seemed to think that it would charge my PAYG balance for my monthly tariff at renewal, however I'm unsure about this as it had me paying again even though I had topped it up with a tenner which was enough to pay for the plan!

I've found the whole process a bit confusing and I'm only 22, god knows how elderly people understand this...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@JacobTest2001 

Rolling plans top up from your registered card, not your balance.

You need to call 4445 to get your balance refunded.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

JacobTest2001
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks will they refund it though? I've seen people on here say no refunds - I'm still unsure as to why it prompted me to top up and not just buy the tariff for the SIM card I'd ordered, very poorly worded on the app and hard to understand for newbies with this stuff, led to me making an unnecessary purchase!

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

In this case they should refund @JacobTest2001 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

JacobTest2001
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phoned them and they said they can only process a refund when I leave so will have to get it back when I'm done with the plan, only wanted it for a few months anyway hence not going for a contract, annoying but these things happen

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

It'll be a nice leaving gift for you then @JacobTest2001 👍

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@JacobTest2001 wrote:

Phoned them and they said they can only process a refund when I leave so will have to get it back when I'm done with the plan, only wanted it for a few months anyway hence not going for a contract, annoying but these things happen

@JacobTest2001 

Can you move over to a Big Bundle for a month, and them move back again ? A Big Bundle is slightly different as it uses the credit on your PAYG "account" rather than a recurring payment method. 

Having checked in the last couple of minutes, I seem to have the unfettered right to move back and forth between Big Bundles and Rolling Plans so that might be an answer. 👍 

Message 7 of 7