Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls when I'm at work

ElSturge
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all, I was hoping someone could shed some light on an issue I am having. So basically, if I  am in or around my work building and call someone or someone tries to call me, all my signal and internet just drops and I've either got to reset my phone or toggle airplane mode on and off just to get my 4G/5G back. Anywhere else, it works absolutely fine, it's just at my place of work. I find it strange that it's only at work and the O2 coverage at my workplace seems to be fine. I have reset my network settings on my phone but that hasn't solved my issue unfortunately. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6729 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

"As O2 are switching off the 3G signal in 2025 @Enlli, that would seem to be effectively the end of useful PAYG on O2 unless there is a significant change of policy. 🤔 "

Wait till we get to EU roaming on PAYG. NIne countries have closed 3G and most other are in the process this year.

Don't forget EE and Vodafone have closed 3G and Three have started

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 21 of 25

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6137 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Don't forget EE and Vodafone have closed 3G and Three have started

Yes @Enlli, there is almost a blow by blow account of this on the forums of ISP Review. 

I think that Three are taking it far more slowly than EE and Vodafone, probably because the 3G switch-off might lead to significant gaps in their coverage.  

Message 22 of 25

Enlli
  • 6729 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Wife's Vodafone SIM lost 3G first week in January, my EE SIM three weeks later

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 23 of 25

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6137 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Wife's Vodafone SIM lost 3G first week in January, my EE SIM three weeks later

And is that causing either of you issues @Enlli ?

Or is the 4G sufficient in the areas that you frequent such that you do not miss the lack of 3G ?   

Message 24 of 25

Enlli
  • 6729 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

I only ever saw 3G on O2 in the last year!

Message 25 of 25