Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Top up new sim?!

J_Slape
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bought my mother in law a PAYG sim card for her new phone this afternoon.  Set up an O2 account online for her,  tried to top up on line and via 4444......nothing is working!  This is worrying due to the fact she is only having this as a basic communication device and we can't even top up to start with?

Any help would be welcome! slight_smile 

More info

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@J_Slape Take a look at this link for help: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408#M32485

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

J_Slape
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for this, perhaps O2 shouldn't advertise that you can 'simply' call or go online, and that you need to use a voucher to start with.

False advertising at its finest!

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

In the link you will see that the first top up has to be by voucher from your local store or mobile shop. After that, top ups can be done online or over the phone.

Message 4 of 6

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there @J_Slape
I had a Paygo o2
Top up was easy with voucher
O2 were very helpful to me
Top up online after myo2 account set up
REMEMBER
Low users need to make chargeable call or text every six months to keep account active and top up in something like 999 days 🙃
Good luck and enjoy new phone.

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@J_Slape wrote:

Thank you for this, perhaps O2 shouldn't advertise that you can 'simply' call or go online, and that you need to use a voucher to start with.

False advertising at its finest!

Problem is @J_Slape O2 have told us may times that you don't need a voucher for the first top up. It's only due to our experience on here, or as customers on PAYG, that we know you do. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6