cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All I want to do is use a newly purchased SIM. How hard can you make it?

GreekPig
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got hold of a SIM this morning from my local store. It says "Was 10GB NOW 50GB Just £20". When I got it home I found that this offer ended on 25th March 2020, but I could still activate the SIM.

I created an account on o2.co.uk and registered the phone number successfully.

Then the trouble started.

On o2.co.uk it couldn't tell me anything about my tariff - there appeared to be an issue doing this with a red exclamation mark and "try again later". I could top up, but I had no idea what I was paying for and how much data I would receive for my money.

I phoned customer services on 0344 8090222 wanting to speak to someone. I tried multiple times, but talking to someone was neigh on impossible.

I could top up with my credit card, but it still couldn't tell me what I was purchasing in terms of minutes/texts/data.

In the end I received a recorded message to say that I could phone 08448090222 to speak to someone, so I dutifully phoned this number, to receive yet another recorded message telling me that this number was discontinued and to phone 08705678678. I phoned this to get into exactly the same experience as on 03448090222.

In the end I managed to speak to someone amazingly, who told me that there were no offers available for pay-as-you go, and the line dropped before I could find out anything else about tariffs.

You couldn't have made this any more difficult if you'd tried.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@GreekPig 

The current tariffs are shown here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

You can choose the one you want by selecting it in your MyO2 and then top up the appropriate amount.

Changes will take effect from your anniversary date.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

GreekPig
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5.

All I get when trying to choose a tariff in My O2 is "We're having problems displaying your tariff options right now. Please try again later."

This was where I started.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@GreekPig 

I'll ask @O2Kayleigh or @O2Kyle to see if they can help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

O2Kayleigh
Level 3: Thinker
  • 20 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5  Thank you for the tag. I will send you a private message now @GreekPig to help resolve your problem smiley

Former Guru team member
Message 5 of 7

O2Kayleigh
  • 20 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 I am pleased to confirm this issue is now resolved yahoo

O2Kayleigh

Former Guru team member
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Thanks @O2Kayleigh thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7