Did you mean: 

5g for me.

AlbertzLeftPeg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. First post.

I would like to know if I need a new plan with 5g. In the past I have got by paying 10 pounds a month PAYG with unlimited texts, minutes and 3gb data. I usually end up with about 5 gb after it has rolled over from month to month.

However I have decided to become a bit less technologically impaired and I have pre ordered the new S20+ as the first up to date phone I have had in years. So I plan to use it more than just taking the odd picture and video. Will I use a LOT more data on 5G? If so, what can you recommend as a good plan as id still prefer to stay contract free as im in the process of building some credit history but unsure whether I would get, nor need a contract? Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Paul.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AlbertzLeftPeg 

Tou need a 5g contract. 
not currently available on payg. 
https://www.o2.co.uk/5G

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AlbertzLeftPeg 

Tou need a 5g contract. 
not currently available on payg. 
https://www.o2.co.uk/5G

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

AlbertzLeftPeg
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh, ok. Some networks do 5g payg. I will just use one of them.

Message 3 of 3