cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Free gift" with pay monthly refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys, I received my order today of a refreshed Samsung Galaxy S7 edge which I'm happy with my the offer of the free gift, it says to follow the instructions on the leaflet but the website it tells me to go on does not exist. There's no way for me to claim my free gift. Please can you send me the link O2? Or anyone else have the link please??
Message 1 of 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Sorry for any confusion around this. Please use this link: o2.uk/offers

You'll need to wait up to 5 days since your purchase before making a claim. When you claim you'll need to enter the code off of your leaflet, your device IMEI number and then you'll be able to choose your gift slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
God knows, and unfortunately this story will surprise no one on here....
Message 2 of 27

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The site is www.o2-gifts.co.uk
But is getting a tcp timeout.
Obviously not active just yet but I'm sure it will soon enough once they point the url in the right place.
Message 3 of 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123121 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Yes I am getting the same time out with that link. Probably @Toby should speak to the team responsible...and hopefully give an update as to when it will become operational....

The only thing I can see are the Christmas gift offers 'Get a gift on us with selected devices'...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 27

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Seems strange to offer a free gift before the website goes live but O2 promotions have never been as straight forward as they should be.

Message 5 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is seriously rubbish O2. How can you publish a leaflet with such an serious error (or fail to built a webpage), and not have a fix within 24 hrs of the first complaint ? Please put a functioning link on your homepage, with an apology to those frustrated by wasting time looking for the "gift" that isn't there.  It would take me 30 mins to do this for you. It has now been 6 days since this issue went "live", so the lack of reation is simply pathetic. Any goodwill from this offer has long since evaporated.

Yours, one seriously irritated (and previously loyal) customer. Perhaps an extra gift (1gb data ?) would be in order to make amends ?

Message 6 of 27

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Thanks for flagging this Let me talk to the rest of the team.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 27

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I understand your frustrations and I don't know when this offer went "live" in terms of contract sales, but no one can claim any free gifts until the 14 day change of mind period has elapsed.
I would expect the claim site to be live within that timeframe though......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 123121 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@AnonymousI do agree ...sadly you aren't talking to O2 here...this is a customer to customer forum. I have asked the head of community @Toby to check this out.

PS..best of luck trying to get an extra gb of data wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 27

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

Offer only started on 10th Nov, so plenty of time to get claims site running.

Eligibility & Participation

1. This promotion is open to new and upgrading customers (“Eligible Customers”).
  2. To participate Eligible Customers must make a Qualifying Purchase. A “Qualifying Purchase” is the purchase of an Eligible Device directly from O2 stores (including franchise stores), online at o2.co.uk or through our O2 Telesales between 10 November 2016 and 21 December 2016 (“Offer Period”).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 27