Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Tracks Free on o2 4G

joeobrien
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, I've just upgraded to a 4G contract and I beleive 12 months subscription to o2 Tracks is free - see http://www.o2.co.uk/4g.

Does anyone know how I claim this free sub? joeob

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Speak to O2 customer services by ringing 202

You did tell the OP to call O2, I'm not sure why you don't remember doing that?

Ignoring the fact that I in addtion to MI5 posted the only link to O2 Tracks indicates how your mind is working, and says more about you than it does about me! Smiley Indifferent

I'm not sure why you are thanking anybody for the links and help as that is up to the OP surely and not you?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Calm down it's sorted now slight_smile
Message 12 of 28

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree Damien, but someone appears to be on a crusade at the moment.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 13 of 28

joeobrien
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ha, thank you everyone for responding. Looking back, I should've be clearer... 

I have downloaded the App as I took advantage of the 8 weeks free sub when the service launched, but now when I go to 'subscribe' I am only met with payment options - no option to redeem a code, or it doesn't recognise that I am a 4G customer etc.

I am aware I can always call customer services, but I thought someone may have the answer here hence why I posted! 

Thanks all, joeob

Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Joeob,

There no problem whatsoever with you posting here as members will always try to help.

Just occasionally it is O2 Customer Services that are the only avenue that can help if past experience and knowledge of fellow customers cannot resolve the problem.

I hope you get sorted one way or another to take advantage of the service.

Take care.
Message 15 of 28

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Did you download it as described here:

1. How can I download the O2 Tracks app?

There are a few ways to download the O2 Tracks app. Select the download button on the left hand side of your browser window to get all the options. Or text TRACKS to 61202.

2. What will my phone number be used for?

If you enter your mobile number in the download section we'll send you a text with a link to download the O2 Tracks app form your app store.

If the app isn't recognising your number you will have to phone in.

Please let us know how you get on.

Message 16 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Customer service is there to give official clarification on all O2 products and services Joe ,so I'm sure they would be able to guide you in what you need to do.

No doubt at all.

Still unable to read what is being asked for?

All that was required here was a link to the app, not a call to a busy customer service line.

Seems you are wrong....again.

After reading this thread it seems the OP needs more than just a "link to the app"

They probably need to speak to CS (as directed) in order to move this one forward due to the fact they have already had a trial and are not having much success with how we normally get the free sub as part of the 4G package.

Maybe best not to jump down peoples throat for trying to help, especially when their advice was in this case better than yours.

Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joeobrien wrote:

Hello, I've just upgraded to a 4G contract and I beleive 12 months subscription to o2 Tracks is free - see http://www.o2.co.uk/4g.

Does anyone know how I claim this free sub? joeob

FYI - My mother had a similar issue to what you have described later in the thread, a quick call to CS and it was sorted for her.  They had to reset something on her account (cannot recall what, but likely to be some sort of flag for the trial/sub)

If you give them a call however they can sort it for you.

Good luck and enjoy it when you get it sorted slight_smile

Message 18 of 28

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe best not to jump down peoples throat for trying to help, especially when their advice was in this case better than yours.

It wasn't, the OP only needed the app in their first post and only wrote later that they couldn't get it to work correctly giving them the free trial.

Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It wasn't, the OP only needed the app in their first post and only wrote later that they couldn't get it to work correctly giving them the free trial.

Yes, but in the first post they simply asked how to claim the free sub, we didn't know the in's and out's at this point.  So stating that all they needed was to download the app, was just an assumption.

We then found out they already had the app, had used a trial etc etc...which then meant they needed to call CS.

Usually all they need is the app and nothing else, granted - but just saying none of us knew this was the absolute solution.

Message 20 of 28