cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in the EU with O2 travel

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am helping to coordinate a cycling event in France this year, and am looking for ways to keep in touch with the cyclists cheaply and effectively.

Whatsapp is both cheap and effective here in the UK,and doesn't use much data, so I think that using it under the O2 travel package will be useful. However, as someone who usually turns off roaming abroad, I am concerned that if I leave it on this time, the 'routine' stuff I get over the Internet in the UK will quickly eat up my allowance, and either bring things to a halt, or make me incur vast bills.

Any ideas how to control this flood of data, or will 15Mb a day be enough?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
What phone are you using? If it's an iPhone you can go to Settings > Mobile then scroll down and you'll see which apps are using data, you can from here also turn data off for specific apps, so when you're abroad just turn it off for everything but whatsapp. If it's an android device it's a similar affair, you'll find the settings under settings > data usage

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
What phone are you using? If it's an iPhone you can go to Settings > Mobile then scroll down and you'll see which apps are using data, you can from here also turn data off for specific apps, so when you're abroad just turn it off for everything but whatsapp. If it's an android device it's a similar affair, you'll find the settings under settings > data usage
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
If and Android phone make sure you turn off background data and auto sync, then you will only use what you request.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3