Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my husbands phone was stolen

gaynorcc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my husbands phone was stolen. It says it can reported 24hours but when getting through it says it can't reported and to call back in their business hours ?????? I have called 03448090222 and 03448090202 and I cannot find another number to report it and get it blocked. how can I report it now?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147000 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

I guess O2 don't see the need to staff the phones 24 hours a day as the liability is with O2 as long as the loss is reported within 24 hours.

I guess the trade off in wages counters any loss to network charges, especially as most people are wise to pin locks, sim locks and passwords etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 17

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hey @gmarkj@gaynorcc  and others.

I've checked this out and the option to restrict your account/SIM is now available within My O2 for 360 customers. This can be done following the below steps ↘️

Login via email OTAC confirmation ➡️ My O2 ➡️ Bars and Diverts.

For Legacy customers and/or to restrict your device you'll need to contact customer services within opening hours on either 202, 03448090202 or +447860980202 if you're outside the UK. You can also contact us via Webchat to get restrictions added.

You can find more help and advice ➡️ Lost or stolen device | Help & Support | O2

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 12 of 17

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37259 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

Great stuff, @Dave-O2 👍🏼

Can we get this info added to

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it - ( @MI5's guide, I add!) along with a way to contact O2 from abroad when the customer does not have access to their O2 phone (stolen) and may have to resort to a landline or handset on another network (chargeable call)

Is there a number contactable using Guide: A Guide to Skype (freefone) or via WhatsApp?

Thanks!

Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 124263 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Pretty poor actually. Not everyone is on the 360 billing system.

Also, is there an O2 guide to inform customers of this change?

More stress for the customer....but hey...who cares about that? 😖

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 147000 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

Login to your MyO2 via email OTAC confirmation !!

OTAC's are sent to the sim (which has just been stolen) and never by email.

This was something that O2 said they would never do as it is not a secure method.

Yet another genius idea.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 17

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23543 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Dave-O2 wrote:

Hey @gmarkj@gaynorcc  and others.

I've checked this out and the option to restrict your account/SIM is now available within My O2 for 360 customers. This can be done following the below steps ↘️

Login via email OTAC confirmation ➡️ My O2 ➡️ Bars and Diverts.

For Legacy customers and/or to restrict your device you'll need to contact customer services within opening hours on either 202, 03448090202 or +447860980202 if you're outside the UK. You can also contact us via Webchat to get restrictions added.

You can find more help and advice ➡️ Lost or stolen device | Help & Support | O2

Great idea from O2 @Dave-O2OTAC Scams | Staying Safe from Authorisation Code Fraud (o2.co.uk)

Can O2 get worse? I think the answer is a definitive yes.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 17

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@pgn@Cleoriff

I've now updated the Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it created by @MI5 with the relevant details 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 17 of 17