Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 13 Fraud

Mano_J
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a scammer access my account and order an iPhone 13 to be delivered to an address in Nottingham.  I have spoken to 2 people in customer service and tweeted o2 UK all have said the order is cancelled but it is still showing as to be dispatched tomorrow @O2Ellie can you help?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Mano_J 

Nobody is labelling you an idiot. It's a damn awful thing which has happened to you. We are all as keen as you to get this fraudster stopped and hope @O2Emma  can help.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

Mano_J
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you everyone, success, DPD have just confirmed that the iPhone 13 is on its way back to o2.

Message 12 of 15

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

I can still send you a private message @Mano_J to check everything if you like.

signature
Message 13 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@Mano_J 

It is very easy to spoof a number if you know how, and hide the underlying number, this is being looked at by OFCom and the phone companies to prevent this.  

All 0344 /0800 numbers have a delivery number which is usually a local STD number. 

If you have called o2 from your phone on 202 or 0344 809 0202 then it is a real phone number . Emma is a real o2 person as well. 

o2 will support you through this, but they will do there investigations first and contact you, also bare in mind they might not be able to tell you much due to the finance laws relating to tipping off and fraud. but you also need to take some actions yourself

1. Report the fraud to Action Fraud - https://actionfraud.police.uk and get a reference number

2. Contact your bank and inform them that fraud has occured and they can put in motion processes to get your money, back, reissue cards etc. and protect your accounts. 

3. Change all passwords on email accounts, o2 accounts, you mentioned EE on there platforms as well. 

4. Ask either your bank or the CRA's to put a marker on your file to ask for more information 

To me it sounds like you are the victim of identity theft, as you mentioned they also contacted you via your EE number. so have a look at this guide as well https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/identity/what-to-do-if-victim.html

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 15

Mano_J
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes please Emma, I want to be sure my account reverts back to normal.

Message 15 of 15