Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 13 Fraud

Mano_J
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a scammer access my account and order an iPhone 13 to be delivered to an address in Nottingham.  I have spoken to 2 people in customer service and tweeted o2 UK all have said the order is cancelled but it is still showing as to be dispatched tomorrow @O2Ellie can you help?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122348 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mano_J  O2Ellie isn't on today.

You need  to call O2 and ask for FRAUD.

All numbers in this guide. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Remind them constantly this is fraud.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Mano_J
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That didn’t work for me, they said goodbye after I pressed 7.  I’ve since had the same scam attempted on my work EE mobile phone and copped for a mouthful of abuse when I challenged the scammer.

Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mano_J You'll have to keep trying the customer service fraud department.

If you're getting calls from scammers, don't challenge them. Just hang up and block the number. Better yet, don't answer the call if you don't recognise the number. If it's important whoever is calling will leave a voicemail.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Mano_J 

If you have the number that called you report to action fraud (https://actionfraud.police.uk

I would also recommend taking steps to change passwords on email and also inform your bank / Credit Card companies, someone is using your identity to order goods. You can also get markers put on your Credit File, to ensure extra checks are done. 

Also never share personal data on Twitter or Facebook about Customer Service issues, these are publicly facing services even via dm....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 15

Mano_J
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Ellie @O2Emma Is anyone able to review this thread and help me, overnight my tariff changed money has been taken out of my bank account and the iPhone 13 is with dpd on its way to the fraudster.

Message 6 of 15

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Mano_J Sorry we do not work overnight but if you still need this looking into if you have not managed to get through to customer service I can look into for you.

o2Emma

signature
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122348 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@O2Emma 

I responded to this post yesterday at 1.26pm and asked @Mano_J to call O2 which was the correct thing to do. Also to persevere with the call. By the looks of things that wasn't done and could have stopped this order going to the fraudster. Sometimes I wonder why we bother. Expecting you to work magic this morning!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@Cleoriff I am sure you are all appreciated with the help you provide on community . 

Will try working magic this morning 😀

signature
Message 9 of 15

Mano_J
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Before everyone labels me an imbecile, the number that perpetrated the fraud was the o2 customer service number, I twice spoke to o2 customer service representatives who haven’t cancelled the order are they incompetent? Or is the customer service number compromised?  I have again spoken to a customer service representative today who tells me he has cancelled the order but is he genuine?  I don’t know so I’m pretty sure Emma is so please can you assure me that o2 are going to support me to tackle the fraud.  I’ve been told 4 times that the o2 fraud team will call me but I’m still waiting the first time was Wednesday lunchtime.

Message 10 of 15