Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Shannen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, I have a Sony Xperia XZ2 and want to upgrade to the new Sony Xperia 1 II but want to keep my number, this is my first time upgrading through 02 refresh through the app as shops are closed due to lockdown, I was just looking for a bit more help and info. Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Shannen 

When you UPGRADE, you keep your number and same billing date.

Important to remember to choose the upgrade option in My O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Shannen 

When you UPGRADE, you keep your number and same billing date.

Important to remember to choose the upgrade option in My O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Shannen If all you're doing is upgrading the phone, all you have to do is put the sim you're using into the new phone and you're done, apart from transferring your apps and whatever from the old phone. If the new phone is 5G and you're in an area for that you'd have to ask O2 for a 5G sim, but you can do that any time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Shannen
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff

Thanks @Bambino

Another question, if the phone I have and the phone I want to upgrade to don't have the same sim, how do I request the right one and for it to have the same number?

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Shannen wrote:

Thanks @Cleoriff, just another wee question as the Sony Xperia 1 II isn't out yet, I'm pre-ordering, I take it when it's released it will just get sent and I can switch the sim card over. Thanks.

The phone should come with a new 5G sim @Shannen

However you can use your old sim in the phone initially... though you wont get 5G.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Shannen wrote:

Thanks @Cleoriff

Thanks @Bambino

Another question, if the phone I have and the phone I want to upgrade to don't have the same sim, how do I request the right one and for it to have the same number?

The phone should come with a new sim as I said above.....(All sims are nano now)

Info on keeping your number here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Shannen Your current phone uses the same size sim as the phone you want to upgrade to. If you want to use the 5G sim that will come with the new phone you'd have to do a sim swap, but O2's systems aren't running great at the moment, so I wouldn't advise doing that yet. If you did want to swap sims, here's how: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/SIM-Swap-a-mini-guide/ba-p/1060675

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7