Did you mean: 

Unlocking phone after leaving o2

Greg_G
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was an o2 customer several years ago and moved to giffgaff with my Samsung Galaxy s6 after I was made redundant. As it's the same network the phone worked fine. But now I've moved to iD Mobile the phone is asking for the SIM unlock code and it's unusable.

The phone works fine despite being quite old and I'd like to keep on using it as I'm not a big phone user anyway so wouldn't be interested in buying a new handset.

Is there a way I can unlock the sim despite no longer being with o2? 

Many thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You can try calling the o2 customer service team and asking, but the normal advice is to get hold of an o2 sim (either pay monthly or pay as you go), use it for an hour or so and then contact customer services.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You can try calling the o2 customer service team and asking, but the normal advice is to get hold of an o2 sim (either pay monthly or pay as you go), use it for an hour or so and then contact customer services.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Greg_G 

Or follow this guide once you have an O2 sim. Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

If you have any problems then maybe @EmilieT or @Marjo  can help (Community managers)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning! Thanks for the tag @Cleoriffhugging

Yes @Greg_G  please do follow the advice above, but as mentioned do let us know if you get stuck at any point and we can have a look for you. slight_smile

Message 4 of 4