Did you mean: 

Underground Wifi - Must Register This Device

timbow1982
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I upgraded my phone from a Pixel 2 to a Pixel 4 in October. Same number, new SIM/Contract.

Since then I've been unable to get on to the Wifi on the London Underground.

I have the Virgin Media profile come up, I click O2, I put it my number and then it comes up with a red box saying I must be registered with O2 Wifi - it also says it will send me a text, but it NEVER does...

I already am registered with it and could still connect to hotspots. I came across this thread on the problem (https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Virgin-Media-Tube-Wifi-and-o2/m-p/709211/high...) and followed the instructions to have my device "forgotten" and then re-register it, but tried again to connect to Tube Wifi and still getting the same error.

I tried contacting CS, but the woman didn't really understand what I was after.

Also when I log into My O2 account it still shows my old Pixel 2 as my device and i can't see anyway to update it - could this be part of the problem?

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@timbow1982 

All fixes known to us are on the thread you have linked to.

If all that is still not working for you, customer services are your only hope.

You could start by asking them to update your phone though as that won't be helping.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @timbow1982 , as it's been a few days since you posted about the wifi issue, I just wanted to check if you managed to sort it out with customer service in the end? slight_smile

Message 3 of 7

timbow1982
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No, not yet, I haven't had chance to go into a store. Aiming to do it this week
Message 4 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@timbow1982 wrote:
No, not yet, I haven't had chance to go into a store. Aiming to do it this week

Good morning, thanks for coming back to give us an update @timbow1982 ! Let us know how it goes at the store. slight_smile Hopefully they will be able to help, but do let us know if you're still stuck after that and we can see if our Gurus have any other suggestions.

Message 5 of 7

timbow1982
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Just back from the O2 store and they couldn't help.

Unregistered my phone with O2 wifi and then re-registered it with both of the Wifi options in the store (5ghz and 2.4) Successfully registered with both, but then went to local tube station, tried to get on the Virgin Wifi and got the same message saying I need to regsiter my device.

Went back to the store, but they said they couldn't do anything else, they said I might need to reset my network settings...?

Message 6 of 7

djbsuffolk
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

You say a new SIM? Did you port your number over? Is the text that you say isn't arriving being sent to the number on the new SIM which obviously you now no longer use? 

The reason I say this is because I had something similar on the 3 months free prime - the number associated with this is the number that came on my new SIM not my number I ported over to the SIM - this recently caused an issue when Amazon decided they wanted to send a OTA code to my number - only not my ported number, the orginal number on the SIM before the transfer. 

Message 7 of 7