cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to new network sim PROBLEMS, HELP!!

millicentpj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've been trying to swtich providers from o2 to VOXI and I'm having a lot of trouble with the sims...here is what I've done...

Turn on phone and it says "Enter Sim Card PIN" which I do, then it quickly loads and says "SIM CARD UNLOCKED". Then i try to unlock my phone and it says "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." I have entered both codes VOXI gave me in the live chat with them, neither worked. I entered the unlatching code from o2, that didn't work. I tried 0000 and that didn't work. After each attempt its saying "Network unlock request unsuccessful". Ive been to the vodafone shop, I've been to the o2 shop and keep getting passed between them. O2 livechat said I've been successfully ported and have closed my account so I got no help from them.

Please, if anyone could give me some advice on what to do? If I just give up completely and put an o2 sim or giffgaff card back in, will that work or is my phone completely useless with sims now?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Best of luck whichever way you go @millicentpj 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5

@millicentpj I've replied to your message so please take a look and get back to me. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 15

millicentpj
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've replied to your private message slight_smile

@Martin-O2 

Message 13 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Good news @millicentpj I've received the MCK unlock code for your phone. I've sent it over in a private message so please check there and let me know how you get on. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions