I must complain about the customer service from the o2 store on fargate Sheffield.
I have had a Samsung galaxy watch 4 now for over a month. This is the replacement watch as the first one never worked properly either.
After getting nowhere with 202 customer services I read on the o2 community that in store is the only way to get your watch to be able to make calls with out being next to the phone.
Called the store and was rudely cut off after being told that the watch us not capable of doing this. When I asked him to look at the manual and read the instructions as he is wrong. He cut me off. How do I ever get my watch to work properly if the staff are so badly informed that they will not even listen to their own customers.
I have always avoided that store as it is a joke, and have had issues in that store, your best bet is either Crystal Peaks or Meadowhell, as they seem to have more of a clue, and I have always got excellent service from either of those 2 stores...
@robmak73 This is not O2. This is a customer community. You can direct your complaint to customer service.
Call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)
If you want to lodge a formal complaint, see this:
Take this guide to another store.
Samsung watch setup.
1. Contact O2 and get them to set up 4g and WIFI calling on your Samsung mobile, it's free but needs to be set up to use the watch. You can then turn the switch on in setting under connections.
2. If you need an esim the only place to get it now is at an O2 store, it's free at the store.
3. If you already have an esim you won't be able to set up your watch just by going through the process on the Gear app, it'll set up the plan in principle on the phone and watch, but it won't connect to the network so don't waste your time. Delete the plan and go to an O2 store.
4. The only way you'll get the watch connected is by going to the O2 store, sitting with the sales person and have them set up the esim and the plan, it's £5 per month for 1gb which is more than enough data.
5. Most store sales people haven't a clue about setting up the Samsung watch 4g, so have them give you the esim, scan the QR code let your phone set up the plan and then have them go into their system as if your purchasing the watch directly from O2, at the bottom of their screen (this is at an O2 store) there is a box that says set up watch plan, when they press that, it'll allow them to set up a watch data plan, as if you've purchased the watch from O2.
6. At that point and after the salesperson puts in all the info from the esim they gave you into their system, it'll take about 10 min for the watch to connect, you'll then need to go into the connection settings on your watch, turn on auto for data, turn on data roaming and then go to the network search setting on the watch and let it the watch search for the network, it'll then register it and you're almost there.
7. Next go to your mobile and in settings, advanced, turn on the switch to use your mobile data on other devices, make sure when you turn it on, it shows your Samsung watch at the bottom, tap and another screen comes up showing the watch is connected to your phone.
8. Then reboot your watch and your mobile and you're done. Test it by leaving your phone in your home and take a walk, the watch should connect and show the 4g symbol and the mobile calling bars, if you try and make a call and it doesn't work or says connect to Bluetooth, go back to step 7, and reboot the phone to make sure it's found the device, i.e. your watch. It will also say at the bottom of the watch, standalone, means your using the watch on it's own.
9. You're done. Just remember you can only get your Samsung Watch 4g connected by getting it done in the O2 store.