Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email on 4g

Andy44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello all, I realised today I was receiving emails ok but I couldn’t send an email from my iPhone 8 Plus SW 14.1 (updated last night), this was when I was at work and connected via O2 4g data connection. Email account is with btinternet. I’m not sure how long this has been or just since the SW update. The strange thing is I can send and receive when connected to a Wi-fi network. I have searched for an answer and checked several settings, with no success. All help appreciated. Andy
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy44
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
And I’ve just been able to send an email from every account to every account on 4g. Think I’m going crazy. ! Thanks for your time, I’ll be back if anything changes! Good night.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@Andy44 

If you're using POP settings it will be trying to use port 25 which is blocked by most mobile networks.

Change the settings to IMAP and it should be fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
https://smtpimap.email/iphone/btinternet.com-email-setup.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 15

Andy44
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you @MI5 for a speedy response. I have had a look at them settings and they do appear to be as they should. Already on IMAP, I think I got correspondence good few months ago from BT saying the not using POP anymore. All has worked since reconfiguring then. Head is fried.
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

Something may have got messed up during the update then @Andy44 

I'd delete the account and set it up again. You won't lose anything if already using IMAP settings.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Andy44
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I’ve deleted it and started again but still the same when I switch Wi-fi off and on 4g.
Message 6 of 15

Andy44
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Some addition info, I have 3 account on my MAIL app. X2 are btinternet, and both I cannot send on 4g. I’ve just tried sending from my 3rd account and it’s an outlook.com and it sent no probs. ! So something I’m guessing with btinternet side of things.
Message 7 of 15

Andy44
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
And to throw something else in the mix, it would appear after sending from the outlook account, the other messages that would send have sent from the outbox?!?!?
Message 8 of 15

Andy44
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
And I’ve just been able to send an email from every account to every account on 4g. Think I’m going crazy. ! Thanks for your time, I’ll be back if anything changes! Good night.
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
At least it's working now slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15