Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring time .. again

disco-kid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There have been threads on the subject of extending ring-out time before drop to voicemail, which I have followed to the letter (number?) with no success ..

I have an Android Nokia on monthly payment which drops to voicemail after 10 seconds (listening on the calling phone  .. less on the acual phone because it takes 2 or 3 seconds before it starts ringing)

I have tried countless times with the *61* etc code, but it always fails with something to do with call forwarding. There is mention of WiFi calling being part of the problem, but I don't have it anyway.

I have another O2 PAYG phone and the *61* stuffworks on it .. however, when I switch my monthly sim into it, it fails, so it seems either there is a problem with my sim or with the database at O2.

My O2 monthly used to be with TalkTalk (no trouble with drop through then), but when TalkTalk dropped their service with Vodafone it was switched to O2 .. could it be a problem with the way this was set up .. 

As it goes, if the problem can't be solved, at the end of the contract it will be goodbye O2n (not a threat, just an observation)

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@disco-kid

Double check in your MyO2 that wifi calling isn't enabled account side anyway, even if you don't use it or have it enabled on your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@disco-kid It could be something as simple as a faulty sim. If you have an O2 store nearby, call in and they will do a free sim swap, which only takes a few minutes most of the time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

disco-kid
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks .. may well try that, though I did call in my local store earlier today .. not impressed with the 'Guru' .. said it didn't work because it was lareadt set to maximum.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@disco-kid

Double check in your MyO2 that wifi calling isn't enabled account side anyway, even if you don't use it or have it enabled on your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

disco-kid
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

re ..

"Double check in your MyO2 that wifi calling isn't enabled account side anyway, even if you don't use it or have it enabled on your phone."

Ah .. checked as you say ..  was on .. have requested it be turned off .. now wait for 24 hrs .. watch this space

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Had a feeling it would have been......
Give your phone a reboot for account changes to take effect before you try it again.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

disco-kid
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

**61 process went through OK .. ring before drop to answerphone is certainly longer

Thanks very Much .. Must go and tell the Guru how to do it!

Cheers & thanks again

DK

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@disco-kid wrote:

**61 process went through OK .. ring before drop to answerphone is certainly longer

Thanks very Much .. Must go and tell the Guru how to do it!

Cheers & thanks again

DK

Love it @disco-kid joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Glad we got that one sorted wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9