Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re rogue text

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi      this morning i received the monthly text re bill, as usual. Immmediately after this came a text with a sad face. Thinking it was a text from a pal replying to general message re  loss of names on my Whats App tel no. 

I clicked on it and found no message just the face and only a 4 - 5 no (after +44).  I m concerned its a premium number or something equally nasty.

Its gone missing I cant find it to delete .  

Can i do anything or can 02 help on this one?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 

Keep an eye on your bill in your MyO2 under "Recent Charges".

If anything nasty shows up follow the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Unfortunately, without the text now, there's not much else to do but wait and see.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 

Keep an eye on your bill in your MyO2 under "Recent Charges".

If anything nasty shows up follow the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Unfortunately, without the text now, there's not much else to do but wait and see.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Jenny105 

Could Jenny ring o2 customer services straight away and put on a bar on direct charges to her account?

and of course a Premium rate bar?  Or is it too late? @MI5 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It would be too late for this instance @TallTrees but would prevent any further occurances.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
So far so good …….. I'll keep posted . Why is it these things occur when one is distracted by other events and happenings
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately, they rely on catching people off guard to a certain degree.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6