Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number switch

Shane2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When I ordered my pay monthly sim only deal I entered a PAC code from my old phone service in order to bring my old number here to o2. This was last Thursday evening and it is now Wednesday morning and the number still hasn’t change. I’ve submitted an online form 3 times which has been rejected for some validation reason and I can’t talk to anyone on the phone or online for some reason. I need the old number ASAP for contact with work etc.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Shane2 

Number ports and transfers are taking longer than usual at the moment https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Shane2 ,

When did you get the pac code? A pac code is only valid for 30 days just incase you got it a while ago, could be a reason why the number port was rejected.

Also it generally take 2 working day for a number to port in from another network, expect that to take longer considering the pressure on networks at the moment. 

Also if you reprocess the form before the port is complete it restarts the process so it would be another 2 working days.

signature
Message 3 of 8

Slatter
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I also requested to keep a number last Thursday, I had a text to the number I wanted to keep saying it was being done and still it has not changed, I understand this is a weird time and everything is taking longer but I cannot manage to call anyone, can't even find numbers and my husband actually needs his phone as he is still working in a children's home! Please help.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
See above
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Adam7
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have also just switched to O2 (received my SIM just now), submitted my PAC when I ordered, but not since then. I can't get in touch with anyone at O2, do I need to though?

I got my PAC on Saturday.

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Message 7 of 8

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

All networks are experiencing longer number ports due to the pressures currently on the networks. A number port usually takes 2 working days but currently this may take longer . Do not reprocess the form as this resets the process and it would take an additional 2 working days. Best way to facilitate the ports is by switching off both devices (old network & o2) for about 5 mins and turning them back on. As stated though I would expect a 3/4 working day port to be standard in the currant climate.

signature
Message 8 of 8