Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payforit scam

Stonepool18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anybody tell me where in o2 Terms & Conditions ' Payforit' is covered. I'm being scammed & am having trouble finding out when I authorised o2 to take money from my account without asking. 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stonepool18 help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... and here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stonepool18 help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... and here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Stonepool18
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK many thanks. They give out your number to scammers,then take the money for them & deny any responsibility for it! After 15 years a customer, paying my bills every month on time. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes it's outrageous that O2 don't offer any decent protection against this like other networks do.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In most cases, charge to mobile is on by default which is simply a way for O2 to take a percentage of these charges. We have long advocated that this should automatically be set to off. The most obvious way to protect customers is the two step consent process along with this. Job done and scammers out of business overnight.

Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I wonder why our requests for a two step verification process haven't been listened to?

Other networks implement this ...so maybe the question needs asking again @Martin-O2, @Marjo @EmilieT?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Because they are happy to take their cut from It rather than protect their customers. I’ve already moved one account to Vodafone who allow you to turn these things on and off in the My Vodafone app so chances are my other accounts will be moving too.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Because they are happy to take their cut from It rather than protect their customers. I’ve already moved one account to Vodafone who allow you to turn these things on and off in the My Vodafone app so chances are my other accounts will be moving too.

Yes, I agree. However we would have less scam posts if they did implement the system, hence me asking Community managers to feed this back asap. I would like an official answer...so will wait (im)patiently for a response.

The question has been asked often enough. The request for two step verification has been going on ever since I joined the forum. Ridiculous in this day and age.

The response we give of asking for a bar 'all Direct to Bill debits' is totally unsatisfactory.

It stops customer making genuine purchases from other outlets.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Totally agree and I hope you have tons of patience 😛

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Totally agree and I hope you have tons of patience 😛

Not known for it...so tick tock!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12