Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 travel conflicting information

Markojemo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm travelling to Amsterdam on Friday and wanted to make sure the O2 travel bolt on was on my account, when I click the little blue information button on the bolt on section of my tariff and allowances the following appears:

Get all the data, minutes and texts you need while you’re away with O2 Travel. It’s free in Europe so it really is like home from home. Somewhere else? It’ll cost £3.99 a day in Turkey and £4.99 a day outside Europe. And you’ll only be charged for the days you use it. There’s no upper usage limit on data, but data speeds will vary with usage. For calls and texts a daily cap of 120 minutes and 120 texts applies. For data used in non-O2 Travel countries a £43 monthly spending limit in Europe and a £40 monthly spending limit outside of Europe applies.

Now reading that it seems to suggest that using your phone in Europe is free right? Yet on the main O2 travel page it says that using my phone in Amsterdam will incur a £1.99 per day charge. Anyone able to provide some clarity on this?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I did think the part about midnight in the capital city where you are based was relatively new.

Coming to Spain frequently I must admit I have only seen it today. You get into the habit of thinking it's the same old thing so dont read it thoroughly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 31

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Yes it used to be midnight UK Time.

I thought it changed last April when the brought the other countries in.  or was it the year previous lol.

God at my age it could have been yesterday for what i remeber lolSmiley Very Happy

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 22 of 31

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Yeah, I think it was last April with the big change.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 23 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

No...I have just checked back in my O2 text link. It changed between July and Sept last year.

July text never mentioned it. September text did. I reckon they must have pushed it out for the main summer holidays?....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 31

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Logical I guess....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 25 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

This is from my o2 on the iphone 7 promo left is basic info then click more info

travel free.PNGtravel 2.PNG

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 26 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone, just for your information here is the link to prove it is the promo on specific tariffs at the back end of last year.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/iphone-offers

Hope this helps!

Message 27 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Yes @Anonymous sadly and for reasons beyond our comprehension...the offer was for iphones only.

As a Samsung user and a frequent traveller...i was a bit miffed about that slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah @Cleoriff I would be miffed about that aswell. I have just been through the same long winded chat on the Live Chat, they were admatant that I would be paying £1.99 but luckily for me I found this link to confirm that I would be getting it for free as I am on the 20GB tariff. Personally I think it was just at a time to try and persuade people to get the iPhone 7 with O2 as offering free EU roaming would be a nice catch.
Message 29 of 31

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Thanks for the link and it confirms what we said earlier.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 30 of 31