Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 ruining my credit report - please help

Taylor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had a phone contract with o2. I paid my last bill then cancelled my direct debit. They then tried to take a cancellation fee out my account 3 times which I didn’t know about. They did not notify me that I owed this money (£12) then I got a letter from a debt collector through the door. I paid this immediately. I then went to go for a mortgage for my dream home and I’m not able to get one due to this ridiculous £12 that o2 never warned me about. I am furious. I have been on the phone to advisors time and time again and it just keeps going around in circles. Telling me to email which I have done with no response. the seller is not going to wait about for this to be fixed so I need it fixed now. I will not stand for this. Can someone please advise me as to what else I can do as this is stopping me getting a home for the sake of £12. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Good luck @Taylor
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 24

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Taylor, I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting your dream home due to this - I'll send you a Private Message to get a few more details so we can have someone on our end look into this for you slight_smile

Thanks everyone for the support and advice!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Thanks @EmilieT

I'm sure @Taylor will be pleased at your offer of help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 24

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for replying to me so quickly @Taylor, I've passed on everything now and will keep you updated on your query's progress as and when I hear back slight_smile

@Cleoriff hugging

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 24

Taylor
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff thank you for all your help.
Message 15 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Taylor wrote:
@Cleoriffthank you for all your help.

No problem at all. I hope it can be sorted @Taylor pray

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 24

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Your argument needs to be that you weren't made aware of the debt and given a chance to pay it at the time as they will say the default was correctly applied as you did owe money.

According to the OP O2 tried to take the direct debit 3 times after it was cancelled.

Knowing this at the time surely amounts to being aware of the debt?

Message 17 of 24

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Having said that, O2 wouldn't try 3 times so I'm guessing this is what O2 have since claimed to justify the OP not being aware.

Message 18 of 24

Taylor
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thought I would give an update - o2 have now settled the amount but it’s still showing on my credit file and my mortgage lender won’t accept this. O2 have no proved they are at fault so I’m back to square 1 again. Absolutely raging!
Message 19 of 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions
Can you help again @EmilieT?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 20 of 24