Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 ruining my credit report - please help

Taylor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had a phone contract with o2. I paid my last bill then cancelled my direct debit. They then tried to take a cancellation fee out my account 3 times which I didn’t know about. They did not notify me that I owed this money (£12) then I got a letter from a debt collector through the door. I paid this immediately. I then went to go for a mortgage for my dream home and I’m not able to get one due to this ridiculous £12 that o2 never warned me about. I am furious. I have been on the phone to advisors time and time again and it just keeps going around in circles. Telling me to email which I have done with no response. the seller is not going to wait about for this to be fixed so I need it fixed now. I will not stand for this. Can someone please advise me as to what else I can do as this is stopping me getting a home for the sake of £12. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @gmarkj! As I confirmed via PM with @Taylor earlier, I've passed chased the team yesterday so hopefully it'll be resolved shortly slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 24

Taylor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just thought I would give everyone a heads up that this didn’t get resolved. The house I was going for has now been sold to someone else. Gutted is an understatement. O2 are the worst company I have EVER dealt with and I have now missed out on my dream home because of £12!!! Would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. Can’t even explain how angry I feel towards this company.
Message 22 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Sorry to hear that @Taylor and fully understand your anger, but although you may not see it now, I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason........

Hopefully, in time, you will find a better home Hug

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions