Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 44: Clearly Talented

Re: O2 recycle

No of course I'm not disputing that O2 don't make money from it. I didn't mean to give that impression.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

Was the phone double wrapped in bubble wrapped and put in a 'fragile' jiffy bag?

Yes I know the phone was given over the counter to a stranger at a store.

Anonymous

No idea. The Sales person in the shop didnt look like she planned to be wrapping it anytime soon.
Anonymous

Just thought I would tidy up the thread. I phoned last Wednesday as the phone still had not arrived, after a bit of delay and discussions with his co workers he said he would email his managers as there was a problem and he would phone me back that night. It was actually the Thursday that I got the call to let me know that the phone was no longer in the system and I would be payed the  full amount, I accepted.

I am glad that it is all over but I really would have liked to have seen the condition of the phone.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to this thread.

Anonymous

O2 recycle are a complete con artists, they knocked 10% of my phone for cosmetic damage when it was immaculate, and did the same to several friends. They have also not paid me and are failing to answer! No phone, no money, no response...lots of hassle. Do not use them. O2 should remove the use of their name for this company!
Topics: 574
Solutions: 16,179

I think in principle it's a great idea but maybe an overhaul of procedure is required. Perhaps a condition report should be completed in store when you take your phone in that both O2 and the customer sign, then, no nasty shocks or dirty tricks later on....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

You will have had the option to have the phone back and sell it elsewhere.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Level 44: Clearly Talented

Only issue in doing instore condition reports is it won't prevent "damage" in transit.

It does seem rather suspectSmiley Sad its a shame the payment cannot be done instore as well.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

I did get the option to get the phone back but after paying £6 to post it in the first place I conceded to accept the lower offer but now a month later with much chasing, no payment! Extremely poor service.
Anonymous

@Liquid wrote:
Only issue in doing instore condition reports is it won't prevent "damage" in transit.

It does seem rather suspectSmiley Sad its a shame the payment cannot be done instore as well.

As long as both the store and the customer has signed it damage in transit in my opinion would be down to o2 and they would have to claim off of the company they use it really isn't the customers problem