Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 mobile Wifi HUAWEI

SusieB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had this device for a couple of months and I never get more than 2 bars of strength.  I work from home and part of my job entails watching TV or movies on my laptop which I know eats up the data.  As a Luddite could someone explain to me - in simple non-tecchy language - what I need to do?   Thank you all so much.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Short answer is lots of data required for streaming films.
You average HD movie is around 4gb so use that as a guide depending on how many films you watch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
2 bars should be enough to give a decent signal.
What is the problem you need help with exactly please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Do you not have wifi at home?

Tethering your laptop to your phone and streaming films or tv will soon go through your data but you should be able to make calls ansend/receive texts even when your data is gone.

Do you see 4G in the notification bar?

Message 3 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @SusieB1 can you provide a bit more detail around your issue so we can try and help. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

SusieB1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Martin,

I bought this mobile Wifi from the O2 shop near me, as it was recommended to me for what I needed, i.e. watching films, iplayer, emails etc....(don't ask me the amout of data I needed!) I just took their word for it. This month past I needed extra data, and bought a bolt-on which ran out very quickly.  It was not explained that as the data is used up, the computer gets slower.  Sorry, but I am a pensioner and all this mobile wifi is new to me....anyway, I called O2 and the lady I spoke to very kindly 'gave' me more data, but my bill this month has rocketed up to £33, whereas it was always around £20-£22.  As of right now, I have one bar showing (it is 100% charged) and the 4G sign showing.  How much data should I have each month to do what I need to do?  

Cheers

SusieB1

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Short answer is lots of data required for streaming films.
You average HD movie is around 4gb so use that as a guide depending on how many films you watch.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6