cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have stolen £250 from me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,  applied for contact last night and was told I needed to pay £250 deposit..  Which I paid.. 

Today I received an email saying I've failed the credit check and I'm not getting the phone..  

Anyway,  what I want to know is where is my money and when will I get it back..  Absolute joke of a company and think this has been a blessing in disguise..  Was only tempted as three didn't have the phone I wanted..  

I will also be reporting this to trading standards..  

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 12 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Your deposit will have been reserved by your bank as a promisory payment. The funds will be available to you again after 5-6 days.O2 haven't actually taken the money.

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not good enough..  If furthur checks where needed no money should have been charged until they where complete.. 

Promissory payment or not,..  It still leaves my bank account £250 short for the length of time the refund takes.. I could of used it to go buy a sim free handset today..  Instead o2 have it.. 

The sooner three buys this shoddy company out the better

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should have gone with GiffGaff in the first place. O2 is for rich kids.

Message 4 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Chances are if you didn't pass a credit check with O2, you wouldn't pass it with any provider. O2 haven't stolen your money. I'm not a lawyer, but what you've stated could be considered libellous, and I doubt that anyone from trading standards would agree with what you said.

You've only now decided you want to buy a sim free phone because you failed the credit check. Had you passed it you wouldn't have quibbled about leaving the deposit. O2's refund procedure is probably dictated by the bank it uses. It may not be to your liking, but you will get your money back.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 16

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you are desperate for the money today then you need to speak to customer service with the transaction number and get them to fax your bank stating that they will not be debiting the money from your account. Or you could just wait the few days and the authorisation will naturally drop from your account.

Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What a nonsensical statement. I am hardly rich and certainly not a kid....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What a nonsensical statement. I am hardly rich and certainly not a kid....Rolleys

Sounds good to me wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm hardly desperate for money, I'm just out of carphone warehouse.. Bought the phone simfree and paid o2 £250 last night, do I sound like someone who is in desperate need of money?? I just don't agree with o2s practice's.. I've also 2 contracts with 3 BTW
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

No one is saying anything against you but o2 have not stolen your money....

Message 10 of 16