cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have stolen £250 from me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,  applied for contact last night and was told I needed to pay £250 deposit..  Which I paid.. 

Today I received an email saying I've failed the credit check and I'm not getting the phone..  

Anyway,  what I want to know is where is my money and when will I get it back..  Absolute joke of a company and think this has been a blessing in disguise..  Was only tempted as three didn't have the phone I wanted..  

I will also be reporting this to trading standards..  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Bambino.. Fortunatly I do pass with other providers.. Think that the problem may be related to my dad having an o2 contract when he passed away.. I have the same name and live at the same address.. He still gets debt collectors letters 6 years later..

Anyway I got sorted with phone.. Just want my deposit back..
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sorry to hear about your dad. You will have access to your funds again in a few days. 

Message 12 of 16

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Nothing anyone can do to speed up the reversal of allocated funds.
You just need to wait for the banking wheels to turn at their own pace.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Sorry to hear about your dads passing. His account won't have any effect on your ability to apply and pass for your own account, not unless you the account was in your name.

As for credit searches in general, three appear to be the easiest to pass with. I know of people with settled defaults passing with three but failing with others. From what I've read on other sites over the years O2 seems to be a bit more picky when offering contracts. As with this new refresh plan, I'm sure thw value of the handset will come into the decision.

Op you may find O2 would offer a sim only package and allow you to upgrade later once you have a track record of paying on time etc.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 14 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Bambino.. Fortunatly I do pass with other providers.. Think that the problem may be related to my dad having an o2 contract when he passed away.. I have the same name and live at the same address.. He still gets debt collectors letters 6 years later..

Anyway I got sorted with phone.. Just want my deposit back..

@Anonymous I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but as surprising as it may be to you, I'm also not clairvoyant, and you didn't mention that in your original post. I'm glad you've gotten your phone sorted, but I also think your money wasn't stolen by O2. Knowing that yours and your dad's name being the same might cause a problem should have sent up a warning flag before you even tried to get a contract. Maybe you should have gone in store and explained the situation, rather than rely on an impersonal computer that would only see the same name.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Should this be merged?
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/DO-NOT-PAY-O2-A-quot-SECURITY-DEPOSIT-quot/td-p/...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16