Did you mean: 

O2 Recyle - Advice on chip on phone

Alexhaden
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

before i send my phone off to O2 Recylce - just wondering if its worth it? 

Basically, while the whole of the phone is in 99% perfect condition, it has a slight, tiny chip in the edge of the screen.  Dont know how its happened, as its always been in a a UAG case since it was bought.

Its the only blemish on the phone, not a scratch, dent or anything else.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them, would this class as screen damage and reduce the quote by 50%, or would it just be something like 10%?

I can cope with 10%, as it would still give me £200, but 50% and its not worth the trouble/stress.

I have attached a piccy to show the only thing wrong with the phone.

Any advice welcomed slight_smile

P1030537.JPG

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Alexhaden
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am tempted with the s7 - have had apple since the original iphone, so am heavily tied in to thier ecosystem.

Altough, I do watch movies on the "go" so the SD card and the nice screen would be a benefit, its just making that "cut" and severing ties with Apple and all my 1000's of apps - and having to migrate music from iTunes into something else would be a total pain!

I dont think i would get the "open" discount on the S7 edge though, as its a new phone?

I'm wavering even more now!  

Can someone make a decision for me lol 😉

Message 11 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Pretty much every app you have on iOS is available on Android and transferring music and other content is easy if you use Samsung SmartSwitch.
O2 Open is now available on the S7 too - It was only not allowed for the first month after launch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 46

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Come away from the dark side @Alexhaden. Free yourself, and your phone.Happy Dance

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Knowing that the choice is yours @Alexhaden..and in jest. Just remember...every picture tells a story..LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 46

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
If money isn't an object the S7 edge is a fantastic phone. If you want to keep your bills down I'd still thoroughly recommend the S6/edge. There isn't that much between them. The S7 edge is slightly bigger, waterproof and has an SD card slot. Apart from the screen size, the other features are more of gimmicks unless you plan on using the phone to shoot 4k video underwater. The S6's are about half the price of the S7's and in my opinion blows the iPhone 6S out of the water.
Message 15 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can look at o2 recycle online & put in the model

of your phone & see what the current value Is before committing to anything. CEX will give a good price because it's an iPhone & they hold their value 

Message 16 of 46

Alexhaden
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all for your help, i was the bane of O2 today.

Went for a s7 edge, had to pay off my contract, then cancelled that and went for the 6s plus instead....i think i drove them mad by changing my mind half way through!

Collecting tomorrow from local store 🙂 i'll drop into CEX and see what they say with my old Iphone.

One question, dont know if you will be able to answer - as I have moved to O2 Refresh and had to buy out my contract to do early upgrade - the lady said if i cancel within the 14 days, i cannot go back to my old tarrif.

So out of curiosity - what would happen if i hate the size of the 6s plus and did cancel in the 14 days?  Would the contract (that i bought out) just end? and i would have to start anew?

Message 17 of 46

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, it would just cancel and you'd have to start a brand new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 46

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes when you return a phone, the contract in its entirety is cancelled and you start anew.  If the tariff is no longer available you can only choose what is currently available. 

Message 19 of 46

Alexhaden
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again all - Appreciate it 🙂

Very friendly forum this 🙂

I'll update you all tomorrow what CEX says and what i think of the 6s Plus compared to my old 6.

Probably wont notice much difference 😕

Message 20 of 46