Did you mean: 

O2 Recyle - Advice on chip on phone

Alexhaden
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

before i send my phone off to O2 Recylce - just wondering if its worth it? 

Basically, while the whole of the phone is in 99% perfect condition, it has a slight, tiny chip in the edge of the screen.  Dont know how its happened, as its always been in a a UAG case since it was bought.

Its the only blemish on the phone, not a scratch, dent or anything else.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them, would this class as screen damage and reduce the quote by 50%, or would it just be something like 10%?

I can cope with 10%, as it would still give me £200, but 50% and its not worth the trouble/stress.

I have attached a piccy to show the only thing wrong with the phone.

Any advice welcomed slight_smile

P1030537.JPG

Message 1 of 46
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It would most likely reduce the value. I've never used O2 recycle, but you could see if you might be able to send them that pic, before you send it off to them. Alternatively, if you search in Google, there are many recycle sites that might offer you a better deal. Another possibility is taking it into a CEX store and let them give you a price.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It would most likely reduce the value. I've never used O2 recycle, but you could see if you might be able to send them that pic, before you send it off to them. Alternatively, if you search in Google, there are many recycle sites that might offer you a better deal. Another possibility is taking it into a CEX store and let them give you a price.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 46

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have O2 Recycle offered you a price for the phone? We have heard of many stories where the price is reduced when they actually receive the device...(although others have no problem whatsoever)

Our advice always is to take photos of all aspects of the phone and include copies of  these when you send the phone off...with a covering note stating what you were offered etc.

It is always better to include all info than none at all...This way they will not be tempted to reduce the offer

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 46

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 recycle will find any excuse to reduce the price. You may be better off recycling it at CEX or in one of the CPW stores that offer in store recycling as at least the phone will be inspected and valued there and then in front of you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also remember if you do use O2 recycle and they reduce the price offered... then just ask them to return the phone...and sell it elsewhere as advised above...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 46

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Any damage like that would make the phone B Grade, so base your valuation on that category.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 46

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Alexhaden Whatever you decide to do with the phone, be it O2 recycle or elsewhere, make sure you've backed up whatever you have on the phone, and the device is completely wiped of all your data. Here's a guide:

http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-wipe-your-phone-or-tablet-before-selling/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 46

Alexhaden
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all, have dropped o2 recyle the picture and email - and have checked CEX, even for a Grade c they are offering £212...so might drop in and ask them.

Im now doing the usual

iphone 6 to 6s plus, is it worth it? 

Should i wait for the 7

Should i try the S7 Edge for a change?

😕 Im dithering now 😉

Message 8 of 46

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you want an iPhone, wait for the 7.
The 6 to 6s isn't a huge leap and with the 7 due in September it'll will be a better option.
If you fancy a change then the S7 is an excellent choice but totally different to the iPhone, so be prepared to relearn and be amazed slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

All down to personal choice @Alexhaden. See if you asked me..I wouldn't go near an iPhone...but that's just me. My son has one and loves it...The rest of my family are with Samsung and Sony...and wouldn't change ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 46