cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle a scam

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 offered me £95 for my phone which is perfect not a single scratch. they emailed me saying my screen was cracked and back was missing. Both lies. I got lady at post office to check it before sealing the bag as proof. Then because i rang and complained they offered me £45 to which i told them to return my phone to me. My phone returned to me with back on and a perfect screen. Rip off merchants scammers. Ive been with o2 from begining but will be leaving asap along with my 2 sons and my daughter. No more o2 for us. I am also contacting trading standards regarding this. DO NOT SEND YOUR PHONES TO THESE RIP OFF SCAMMERS

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 offered me £95 for my phone which is perfect not a single scratch. they emailed me saying my screen was cracked and back was missing. Both lies. I got lady at post office to check it before sealing the bag as proof. Then because i rang and complained they offered me £45 to which i told them to return my phone to me. My phone returned to me with back on and a perfect screen. Rip off merchants scammers. Ive been with o2 from begining but will be leaving asap along with my 2 sons and my daughter. No more o2 for us. I am also contacting trading standards regarding this. DO NOT SEND YOUR PHONES TO THESE RIP OFF SCAMMERS

That's a pretty outrageous experience @Anonymous. Apart from contacting trading standards, you should also lodge a formal complaint with O2. http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I moved your post to its own thread as it warrants it. wink

I'm sorry to hear of the bad experience you've had with O2 Recycle. Please drop me a PM using the link in my signature and I'll ask the team to investigate. 

Martin 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not actually o2 your sending it to, it's a company they use called Redeem

they have been known to do this but I've used it 3 times with no problem 

Message 3 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Take it to your local game store, they'll beat any other buy price by 5%
Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We seem to get an enormous amount of complaints about O2 Recycle. A price quoted which seems good...then they get the phone and often find something wrong with it. Always best to take photos of the phone and include copies when you send it off (making reference to the price you were quoted) This seems the only way to get the price you were given......

Ask for it back and send to Game as said...or even sell it on an auction site.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Shocking! I tend to sell mine on ebay or via cex.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a pretty outrageous experience @Anonymous. Apart from contacting trading standards, you should also lodge a formal complaint with O2. http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 19

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

It's fraud and should be reported to

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 19

wearethmods
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I agree. I sent my iPad Air for recycling and they said I'd get £115 which wasn't that great to begin with. They emailed to offer me £23 - Claiming that the screen was "cracked" or "deeply scratched". I also will be going to another network when my contract is up for renewal. Or may just go pay and go with a different provider.
Message 10 of 19