Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Priority tickets - bad experience

Infobleep
Level 4: Observant
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I'd like to know what O2 plan to do about the following and if nothing I'd like them to state that. I tried to book priority tickets today but it was far from convenient. It was for Status Quo at the O2 in London.

On my laptop it first off it said click for the waiting room so I clicked on the button and it took me to a signing in page. Once I logged in, it said your in. It didn't say I need to try again to get to the waiting room. No just that I was in. I thought it odd that I wasn't in any other sort of area but thought perhaps at a certain time I will be transferred to another page. I certainly didn't want to lose my place so I didn't do anything with it for 10 minutes.

However once I tried the same thing on my mobile I suddenly found it didn't say I was in. It just took me to the home page so I thought perhaps I'm not in. By now it was 9am though.

So I tried the original link again to the waiting area on laptop and it took me to the same page saying I was in but I wasn't in. Nothing of the sort. I had logged in but I was in the waiting area.

What I had to do was find the artist again, Status Quo, from this new page and then click on waiting room. however it was now gone 9am so there was no waiting room any more. Thus I missed my chance to get the best tickets. Thanks O2.

I've never used the waiting room before but I checked your FAQ and it never said I had to click on waiting room twice!

I'd also missed the beginning slot on the bands own Web Site at 9am because O2 had delayed me around that time trying to figure out what was going on.

So now I kept refreshing the ticket allocation for the next 30 minutes. Eventually I got two seats in Row K Block A3 on my mobile. So I clicked next. It took me to a page where the only option was to hit back. I could not enter any details.

Thus after 7 minutes it timed out. I was using a Google Nexus 5 running the latest android Lollipop 5.1 software. It was in Chrome so nothing unusual.

There is a O2 priority ticket app but that doesn't show events before they go on sale that isn't a suitable route to get to the waiting room. It said 0 Status Quo events earlier. That been like that for some years and I can't see it changing.

I will post screenshots later. The customer services at O2 are rated one of the best and I've never had major issues when phoning them. However their technology service certainly isn't the best at times. This proves it once again.

As an aside, the spellchecker on here is good for word choice but considers Google to be misspelt. That sums up how O2 don't always move with the times.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Infobleep
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Below are the original screenshots to prove that O2 said I was in. I was only signed in to O2. They should have taken me directly to the waiting room and not taken me to a different page with a message that implied I had got into the waiting room.

Here is what the FAQ says about the waiting room:

"

8. What is the Waiting Room?

The Waiting Room is a feature used by one of our ticketing partners, AXS, directly before a Priority Ticket event opens for sale. While the customer waits, they can see prices, and fill in their contact and payment details – meaning that when the event does open for sale, the purchasing process is as quick and efficient as possible.

For high demand shows, the Waiting Room acts as an important protection for fans. It holds all buyers during the Priority Tickets on-sale as well to allow the AXS security process to determine if any potential fraudulent or undesired buyers are attempting to gain access to the purchase process. Fans that have joined the waiting room before the on-sale will be put through in groups to purchase randomly, at controlled intervals. Anyone entering after the Priority Tickets event opens for sale will go through to purchase after that. Accessing the Waiting Room doesn't guarantee tickets"

No where does it say once you click on waiting room and log in, you have to locate the waiting room again. That is all the message needed to say, if they really can't be bothered to take you to the waiting room once your logged in. It's not rocket science. I work in IT so I know it's possible to design web sites that redirect you to the destination once you have logged in. It known as passing values through I think. Ones password is just a value that is encrypted.

Anyway I will only accept a solution to this when O2 respond to my complaint. I don;t know how often O2 visit these forums but I have had replies from O2 staff in the past so hopefully they will see this and reply.

I could have e-mailed them directly but I felt putting this public might help someone else if they ever try to use O2 priority tickets. I seem to think I had issues in the past when trying to buy from my mobile but then I was buy standing tickets so it was more about getting a ticket in the allocation rather than the best seat. That issue would have been 2 or more years ago.

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 09.54.35.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-06 at 09.54.47.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-06 at 09.55.04.png

Message 11 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Certainly mirrors my experiences and after all this time you would think it would have improved. ..Sadly not! Last time I checked the community want available on Taptalk, are you saying it is now? 

Message 12 of 17

Infobleep
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Quick update. Top marks to AXS ticket agency for having an e-mail address I could contact them on. I have now done this to report the mobile web site fault. I must admit I was fully expecting a contact us form

Message 13 of 17

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Infobleep wrote:

Quick update. Top marks to AXS ticket agency for having an e-mail address I could contact them on. I have now done this to report the mobile web site fault. I must admit I was fully expecting a contact us form

Let's hope this is sorted asap then, thanks for updating. 

Message 14 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for screenshots @Infobleep, they are very informative. I shall show this to relevant teams to see what can be done for the future.

With regards to Tapatalk, I agree that it's great, but its does not unfortunately work with Lithium communities. We are however investigating ways to make the mobile version of the community a lot easier to use; Be that through responsive mobile browser versions, or an app.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 17

Infobleep
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks Toby

Perhaps Tapatalk could make their software work with your community board application system but may be your one is less used, making it not worth their while financially . I don't know.

DigitalSpy isn't on Tapatalk but their mobile form is OK. There again I don't need to upload photos to that one - not that I often upload images here but in this case I think it's helpful to people if I do.

I will say your spellchecking on the boards does seem to be comprehensive, bar saying Google was misspelt. I speak as someone who is dyslexic and has tried many spellchecking soultions over the years. My favourite is still the one in WordPerfect Office but your one seemed to be good. Yes WordPerfectis still made, for those old enough to remember when it was more popular.

Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I submitted the communtiy website to Tapatalk months ago but it seems a lithium rather than Tapatalk problems.

Message 17 of 17