Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Priority tickets - bad experience

Infobleep
Level 4: Observant
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I'd like to know what O2 plan to do about the following and if nothing I'd like them to state that. I tried to book priority tickets today but it was far from convenient. It was for Status Quo at the O2 in London.

On my laptop it first off it said click for the waiting room so I clicked on the button and it took me to a signing in page. Once I logged in, it said your in. It didn't say I need to try again to get to the waiting room. No just that I was in. I thought it odd that I wasn't in any other sort of area but thought perhaps at a certain time I will be transferred to another page. I certainly didn't want to lose my place so I didn't do anything with it for 10 minutes.

However once I tried the same thing on my mobile I suddenly found it didn't say I was in. It just took me to the home page so I thought perhaps I'm not in. By now it was 9am though.

So I tried the original link again to the waiting area on laptop and it took me to the same page saying I was in but I wasn't in. Nothing of the sort. I had logged in but I was in the waiting area.

What I had to do was find the artist again, Status Quo, from this new page and then click on waiting room. however it was now gone 9am so there was no waiting room any more. Thus I missed my chance to get the best tickets. Thanks O2.

I've never used the waiting room before but I checked your FAQ and it never said I had to click on waiting room twice!

I'd also missed the beginning slot on the bands own Web Site at 9am because O2 had delayed me around that time trying to figure out what was going on.

So now I kept refreshing the ticket allocation for the next 30 minutes. Eventually I got two seats in Row K Block A3 on my mobile. So I clicked next. It took me to a page where the only option was to hit back. I could not enter any details.

Thus after 7 minutes it timed out. I was using a Google Nexus 5 running the latest android Lollipop 5.1 software. It was in Chrome so nothing unusual.

There is a O2 priority ticket app but that doesn't show events before they go on sale that isn't a suitable route to get to the waiting room. It said 0 Status Quo events earlier. That been like that for some years and I can't see it changing.

I will post screenshots later. The customer services at O2 are rated one of the best and I've never had major issues when phoning them. However their technology service certainly isn't the best at times. This proves it once again.

As an aside, the spellchecker on here is good for word choice but considers Google to be misspelt. That sums up how O2 don't always move with the times.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Bad luck with the tickets but we know from experience when a very popular act is on they can sell out in seconds and the site may well misbehave.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

it does seem more than bad luck though @perksie ? The op was trying via web and mobile app and seemed to be pushed 'all round the houses' to get precisely nothing at the end...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't think logging in from different devices at the same time would have helped.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Logging in from one will log you out from the other.
Message 5 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's never been straight forward booking tickets through the app, we've had countless complaints on here and arguably the best seats are never available anyway.  I had similar issues trying to book The Who in Leeds and the Kaiser Chiefs at the O2. Got really poor seats after waiting eons.

As for trying to book Westlife for my wife on our 40th anniversary. ..gave up but luckily snapped up two good seats at face value from someone unable to go. 

Message 6 of 17

Infobleep
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I perfectly understand that tickets get snapped up in seconds and I don't have a problem with that. I do however have a problem when Web Sites don't explain things properly or a link doesn't work.

I tried multiple times to get tickets on my mobile phone, once single seats further back became available and I had the same problem every time.

I actually wasn't logged into the ticket Web Site because O2 hadn't put me in the waiting room despite their message implying they had. I had some screenshots on my mobile so I'll upload those to prove my point. I'll also upload those form my laptop.

I actually did get two tickets in the end, A3 row G 49/50 and via my laptop. Yes they were better than row K but that's beside the point. The mobile web site should work.

Now OK the mobile web site when you actually complete your purchase isn't run by O2 but if they partner with other agencies, they should be making sure those agencies do the job properly.

If they want us to book tickets via the Web then they need to provide the tools to do the job.

I have queued outside ticket agencies in the past to get tickets for events so don't have a problem waiting if needs be. I do have an issue if I don't get the chance to wait due to technical problems with the ticket agencies or other people. Technology is there for a purpose not because it looks nice.

Message 7 of 17

Infobleep
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Was hoping to upload screenshots but it seems to can't with the mobile community forums.

Akso when logged o here using my mobile it kept taking me back to the accounts page. I thought my password hadn't worked. I didn't notice the small sign out at the top. Would be better if it redirected you to the forums once you've logged in. Many other companies manage to do this.
Message 8 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @Infobleep,

Sorry to hear about this experience and hopefully things can be improved. When you get home, please do add screen-shots to help with the points you make, as this will provide me with a full picture of issues with which to take to the rest of the team.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 17

Infobleep
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Screenshot_2015-05-06-09-26-03.png

Screenshot_2015-05-06-09-26-08.png

Screenshot_2015-05-06-09-26-13.png

Screenshot_2015-05-06-09-53-38.pngScreenshot_2015-05-06-09-53-10.pngScreenshot_2015-05-06-09-53-10.png

Well by clicking on full desktop I ha e been able to upload some screenshots. Doesn't help that you can only upload 1 at a time.

Have O2 heard of responsive web design?

I should have looked to see if the the forum was available on Tapatalk. That's really good for messaging on mobiles and supports multiple image uploads.

Message 10 of 17