Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Preventing Tado V3+ App Upgrade

Will197
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Being told that because the Tado Thermostat was bought from O2 that we cannot upgrade the Google Play/iOS app to V3+ by paying £20 . Anyone else have that issue?

From Tado Support
The reason you cannot see the upgrade button is that you either purchased the tado° devices directly from our partner or you purchased used devices which were originally sold or rented out by our partner.

If the partner agrees to release the upgrade to its customer base you will see the upgrade button in the tado app.

If you have any doubt, please contact the organisation where you purchased the tado° device.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Seems a but unfair. They should make that clear before you purchase.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143193 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

@viridis @gmarkj any ideas?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
3rd party licenses must differ from direct licensing.
Message 4 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11965 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
Just reading the comments on the Play store, and don't think it is limited to o2 customers.
7 out of the first 10 reviews are that they are being asked to pay for the upgrade.
Can't be certain they are not also customers, but most cite that they are early customers.
Reading the Tado blog, the existing app will continue to work with our kit and they will continue to maintain it.
The new version is for newer hardware, but is also backwards compatible.
To be honest, if it still works (and ours does) I am not going to worry too much about it.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 16

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
That would make sense.
Message 6 of 16

Will197
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not sure if I understood the reply, the problem isn't about paying the £20. I'm over that.
The issue is that everyone is getting an option to upgrade their app to V3+ except people who bought from O2.
They state O2 has control over the upgrade option which I find hard to understand.
Message 7 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11965 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
I read it as everyone has to pay the fee unless they have only just bought some of the kit?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 16

Will197
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's the other way round.
Those who have V3 and before don't need to do anything. Only if they want a pretty app and the included auto assist do they need to pay to upgrade.
V3+ users I think get the first year free and then need to pay.
Message 9 of 16

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Not just O2. Homeserve customers have the same issue
Message 10 of 16