Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Preventing Tado V3+ App Upgrade

Will197
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Being told that because the Tado Thermostat was bought from O2 that we cannot upgrade the Google Play/iOS app to V3+ by paying £20 . Anyone else have that issue?

From Tado Support
The reason you cannot see the upgrade button is that you either purchased the tado° devices directly from our partner or you purchased used devices which were originally sold or rented out by our partner.

If the partner agrees to release the upgrade to its customer base you will see the upgrade button in the tado app.

If you have any doubt, please contact the organisation where you purchased the tado° device.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Will197
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good to know. Strange how they come out with a deal where they let the partners make the software decisions.
Wasn't made clear to the users.
Message 11 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions
Was obviously having a moment - have re-read your initial post and actually understand it now!
Looking into what the upgrade does, I am not sure if it is worth it!
First is the air comfort - it will suggest if you need to close windows if the air quality outside is poor. Not sure if this would be of use to me as I have no clue how they judge this - where is my nearest weather station for example?
Second is the auto assist which will automatically adjust the heating to the most efficient setting. Sorry, doesn't the app do that anyway based on location?
So I am happy with what I have now - admittedly, £20 one off fee for a lifetime upgrade is "reasonably" priced, but do I need it/will it improve anything? I doubt it....

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 16

Will197
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The main part for me is the cleaner interface that gives an overview of everything in one page. As well as supporting further updates that they have on their road map.
Message 13 of 16

Will197
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just got a new update today from Tado and the upgrade to v3+ option came up in the app.
Paid the one time fee it £20 and have now got the new v3+ app.
Message 14 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions
Is there much of a difference? What "extras" does the paid version offer?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 16

Will197
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You and I both just stated them in the posts just above slight_smile
Message 16 of 16